• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
Sign in to follow this  
Flexx

Solution to the proxy drama

Recently there are have been quite a few complaints about the credibility of proxies received from various sellers on this forum. I'm fairly certain that 99% of the "sellers" just buy them off providers from google, and just bow out of any question as to whether the proxies are unflagged or not. It's really simple to figure out where a certain proxy comes from, so I suggest banning the reselling of proxies from any other source besides your own.

e.g.

You may not buy from a provider and sell to users on this forum

OR

You may NOT claim proxies are fresh unless you have personally created them and can back up your statement

Why? Because it's disgusting to see people claim their proxies are 1337 and legit and unflagged when they have absolutely no idea how a proxy even works or how to make one. It also hurts the community and people are pulled into the claim of fresh unflagged proxies, when in truth the seller has no idea whether the proxies are flagged or not.

The ones who actually put some time into researching what a proxy is will easily figure how to make them themselves to get around my proposed rule. And then they will be sure the IP is unflagged.

Edited by Montreal
  • Like 5

Recently there are have been quite a few complaints about the credibility of proxies received from various sellers on this forum. I'm fairly certain that 99% of the "sellers" just buy them off providers from google, and just bow out of any question as to whether the proxies are unflagged or not. It's really simple to figure out where a certain proxy comes from, so I suggest banning the reselling of proxies from any other source besides your own.

e.g.

You may not buy from any other provider and sell to users on this forum

OR

You may NOT claim proxies are fresh unless you have personally created them and can back up your statement

Why? Because it's disgusting to see people claim their proxies are 1337 and legit and unflagged when they have absolutely no idea how a proxy even works or how to make one. It also hurts the community and people are pulled into the claim of fresh unflagged proxies, when in truth the seller has no idea whether the proxies are flagged or not.

The ones who actually put some time into researching what a proxy is will easily figure how to make them themselves to get around my proposed rule. And then they will be sure the IP is unflagged.

No, you buy them at your own risk. 

In that case, we might as well ban:

• Dedicated servers
  • VPS
  • Hosting
  • RS training services
Edited by Sekirei

No, you buy them at your own risk. 

and that's totally why sellers should be able to put [verified], [fresh], and [private] around their selling threads, because they totally know if that's true or not

EDIT: ^ covers your edit

Edited by Flexx

Make a detailed guide about what to look for when buying proxies, and how to check where they are from.

Then the buyers will be better educated and know what to look for.

And then they can even check the proxy and see if the seller has lied to them.

Problem solved :).

Make a detailed guide about what to look for when buying proxies, and how to check where they are from.

Then the buyers will be better educated and know what to look for.

And then they can even check the proxy and see if the seller has lied to them.

Problem solved :).

Please do as YoHoJo said. We don't want to keep track of what site people sell proxies from. Please do not make any more threads about this matter.

I'll take his word over yours.

not only did i not say anything negative about your service, but you are also getting completely off topic. obviously you haven't learned anything from your trade with caution so i'd spend some time reflecting on why that pretty little yellow badge is under your name

Please do as YoHoJo said. We don't want to keep track of what site people sell proxies from. Please do not make any more threads about this matter.

don't we have a rule about not putting [legit] or [#1] on runescape services? It's the same idea here

not only did i not say anything negative about your service, but you are also getting completely off topic. obviously you haven't learned anything from your trade with caution so i'd spend some time reflecting on why that pretty little yellow badge is under your name

My post was relevant to the quoted post, thus not being off topic, neither is this post as it is relevant to the post I am quoting within the topic. L2Forum

wrong, medicinal marijuana has many benefits for people suffering from both chronic pain disorders and psychological or mood altering disorders. 

And no self respecting medical marijuana patient would flunt smoke420 and ganja emblems galore, They also wouldn't be smoking joints or having their skype with 'smoke' in it.  Seems you are addicted.

Flex you are right, the mods restrict what information you even put out, I gave away the most abused proxy sites that these resellers use to purchase proxies for 36 cents each and my threads get deleted intentainously because apparently the admins and mods came together and decided to not let people give away proxy information for the supposed reason of keeping members safe. 

MHM in reality they are just stuffing their pockets full of cash from many users here. Just look at the proxy selling page, there are tons of mods with their hands all over that section pulling 400% profits all day with proxies that the average joe could buy and claiminign they are leeet 1337 safe trusted etc.  Also I find it ironic how moderators are allowed to sticky their threads to the top for no apparent reason at all to get more sales.

• Like 1

And no self respecting medical marijuana patient would flunt smoke420 and ganja emblems galore, They also wouldn't be smoking joints or having their skype with 'smoke' in it.  Seems you are addicted.

Flex you are right, the mods restrict what information you even put out, I gave away the most abused proxy sites that these resellers use to purchase proxies for 36 cents each and my threads get deleted intentainously because apparently the admins and mods came together and decided to not let people give away proxy information for the supposed reason of keeping members safe. 

MHM in reality they are just stuffing their pockets full of cash from many users here. Just look at the proxy selling page, there are tons of mods with their hands all over that section pulling 400% profits all day with proxies that the average joe could buy and claiminign they are leeet 1337 safe trusted etc.  Also I find it ironic how moderators are allowed to sticky their threads to the top for no apparent reason at all to get more sales.

i dont understand why you have such a grudge?

mods do a good job here, and they aren't just given that status.

most have proven themselves in one way or another.

let it go, you are welcome to open up a proxy store where you give people them for the exact price you can get them for if you feel people are being overcharged.

supply and demand is the determining price of anything.

best thing to do, is let it go.

i dont understand why you have such a grudge?

mods do a good job here, and they aren't just given that status.

most have proven themselves in one way or another.

let it go, you are welcome to open up a proxy store where you give people them for the exact price you can get them for if you feel people are being overcharged.

supply and demand is the determining price of anything.

best thing to do, is let it go.

A grudge? All I have done is attempt to spread knowledge about proxy sites and where these people obtain the proxies they sell.  It's not my fault mods on this site act like we are under Nazi rule and burn information that doesn't fall in line with their ideological ban on giving away proxy information as it directly hurts their business. Not my fault these people are getting proxies for close to 40 cents each and then selling for almost 10x that.  People should be able to know where to buy proxies, not forced by moderators on this site who restrict information that is breaking no rules under the Tribot guidelines in an attempt to preserve their bottom line.

Honestly people, skilled is 100% right.

I have been gold farming since 2007 and I have private unrestricted access to various data centres and VPN's that you can't find online, I made these contacts through experience.

I know full well the prices people are charging here and how much potential price they are making, the fact they are mods is absolutely disgusting and is honestly a first for me to see in 7 years of botting in terms of how it is done, I've been in many communities but this is just straight up corruption. How on earth is going into a thread where someone has been banned, taking advantage of someone's bad situation by saying they need proxies and directly or indirectly selling them to that person at a high profit... How is this allowed at all???? It is disgraceful, the fact that skilled's thread was deleted, shaming the abuse makes this whole thing even worse to be honest

• Like 1

Honestly people, skilled is 100% right.

I have been gold farming since 2007 and I have private unrestricted access to various data centres and VPN's that you can't find online, I made these contacts through experience.

I know full well the prices people are charging here and how much potential price they are making, the fact they are mods is absolutely disgusting and is honestly a first for me to see in 7 years of botting in terms of how it is done, I've been in many communities but this is just straight up corruption. How on earth is going into a thread where someone has been banned, taking advantage of someone's bad situation by saying they need proxies and directly or indirectly selling them to that person at a high profit... How is this allowed at all???? It is disgraceful, the fact that skilled's thread was deleted, shaming the abuse makes this whole thing even worse to be honest

Look at how they handle them selves, even the admins are in on this. Elmo provides 0 insight to why I was given points even though I broke no rules, he knows whats going on and he simply doesn't care.  The corruption on this site dumb founds me.

Its is impossible for anyone to prove that ANY ip is fresh and not blacklisted by jagex. If you are buying proxies from  a reseller there is a high chance they have been used in the past for some service, whether that service was for runescape or not is a different matter. Posting proof from your reseller saying all IP's are fresh on the server or saying they have never been used before is lying. Anyone who deals directly with proxy sales (not resales) will tell you that IPV4 space is highly limited at this point and will have been used in the past and resold, they dont use an IP once then throw it away, they either recycle their lists or sell them to other companys.

Good luck to anyone who actually tries to get their hands on a dedicated IPV4 list as you will most likely fail to get justification for it.