Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TacoManStan

Randoms (being constructive this time)

13 posts in this topic

So my last post got deleted because it honestly wasn't constructive at all. So that makes sense. So I'll make this one actually constructive.

I have read somewhere that the random solver success rate is 99.4%, or something like that. Yes, that is good. But it should be 99.9999%. Maybe 1/10,000 times, if there wasn't an update to the random event, the solvers should work perfectly.

Why? Because it isn't a complicated task. So many of the random solvers are written so incredibly poorly, and nothing is being done about it. Yes, I know all of the mods and admins claim that they are doing everything they can, but that just isn't true.

Let's look at the pinball random, for example. I can say with almost 100% certainty that the script almost exclusively uses static sleeps. That is horribly inefficient, and if the camera happens to change right when a pin is clicked, the script won't correct itself. You don't need to have an account stuck in the pinball random to know that you shouldn't code with static sleeps like that. Ever.

The Molly random was fixed, which I was very happy about. I am glad that something is being done about some of the problems. But honestly, a lot of the problems are just quick and sloppy initial code that was written just to get the solver done. Sure, that's fine if you are trying to pump out a fast release. But the solvers should be fast, human-like, and never fail. When I say never fail, I mean like a human. A human fails a random event maybe 1/100,000 times they go into it.

I suppose what frustrates me the most is that TRiLez is making an insane amount of money from this website for, in comparison, quite a small amount of work. He should be spending as much time as he can to make sure everything works as flawlessly as possible, because that's what he's getting paid for.

So that's really all I have to say. Mods, admins, community: Do what you will with it, and please try not to look at this as another "OMG randoms are bad" post, because it's not.

Write your own random event solvers and give them to trilez, he will update them if he finds that yours are better

I would do that, but I'm not being paid. That's my complaint, is that TRiLez is making a ton of money from this site. I would gladly re-write a lot of the solvers if I was paid to do so, but again, I'm not.

2 people like this

I would do that, but I'm not being paid. That's my complaint, is that TRiLez is making a ton of money from this site. I would gladly re-write a lot of the solvers if I was paid to do so, but again, I'm not.

I'm sorry but that has to be one of the worst excuses I've ever read. If you're going to complain about something then argue that you don't want to help you have no reason to talk.

I'm sorry but that has to be one of the worst excuses I've ever read. If you're going to complain about something then argue that you don't want to help you have no reason to talk.

Are you kidding? It's TRiLez's responsibility to make sure his own client works. Why would I waste my time making something work that should already be coded well? It's not like TRiLez is doing this for free. Is being paid a boatload of money. I would think that part of that would include making the random solvers, which are a HUGE part of the client, as good as he possibly can.

So my last post got deleted because it honestly wasn't constructive at all. So that makes sense. So I'll make this one actually constructive.

I have read somewhere that the random solver success rate is 99.4%, or something like that. Yes, that is good. But it should be 99.9999%. Maybe 1/10,000 times, if there wasn't an update to the random event, the solvers should work perfectly.

Why? Because it isn't a complicated task. So many of the random solvers are written so incredibly poorly, and nothing is being done about it. Yes, I know all of the mods and admins claim that they are doing everything they can, but that just isn't true.

Let's look at the pinball random, for example. I can say with almost 100% certainty that the script almost exclusively uses static sleeps. That is horribly inefficient, and if the camera happens to change right when a pin is clicked, the script won't correct itself. You don't need to have an account stuck in the pinball random to know that you shouldn't code with static sleeps like that. Ever.

The Molly random was fixed, which I was very happy about. I am glad that something is being done about some of the problems. But honestly, a lot of the problems are just quick and sloppy initial code that was written just to get the solver done. Sure, that's fine if you are trying to pump out a fast release. But the solvers should be fast, human-like, and never fail. When I say never fail, I mean like a human. A human fails a random event maybe 1/100,000 times they go into it.

I suppose what frustrates me the most is that TRiLez is making an insane amount of money from this website for, in comparison, quite a small amount of work. He should be spending as much time as he can to make sure everything works as flawlessly as possible, because that's what he's getting paid for.

So that's really all I have to say. Mods, admins, community: Do what you will with it, and please try not to look at this as another "OMG randoms are bad" post, because it's not.

The fallacy in your logic lies in the fact that Trilez doesn't have a job here. He runs the business and offers products/services. You pay for those. You do not pay for labor. If the goal of running a business to get paid a decent wage for the amount of work you do, then Trilez would be work 30 hours per day and Bill Gates would be working around 500,000 hours per day. 

The only decision you will make is to either buy his service/product or don't. You have the right to fix anything yourself or try to convince Trilez to, however Trilez doesn't have to listen to it. And with your logic, why would he?

Yeah, I would like to see more paid developers working on randoms, but I'm still going to stay with Tribot even if that doesn't happen. Therefore, I don't expect Trilez to carry out my request because he has nothing to lose by not doing so. 

The only thing you can do is suggest something in the appropriate forum. Anything else is useless complaining.

The fallacy in your logic lies in the fact that Trilez doesn't have a job here. He runs the business and offers products/services. You pay for those. You do not pay for labor. If the goal of running a business to get paid a decent wage for the amount of work you do, then Trilez would be work 30 hours per day and Bill Gates would be working around 500,000 hours per day. 

The only decision you will make is to either buy his service/product or don't. You have the right to fix anything yourself or try to convince Trilez to, however Trilez doesn't have to listen to it. And with your logic, why would he?

Yeah, I would like to see more paid developers working on randoms, but I'm still going to stay with Tribot even if that doesn't happen. Therefore, I don't expect Trilez to carry out my request because he has nothing to lose by not doing so. 

The only thing you can do is suggest something in the appropriate forum. Anything else is useless complaining.

Are you kidding? It's TRiLez's responsibility to make sure his own client works. Why would I waste my time making something work that should already be coded well? It's not like TRiLez is doing this for free. Is being paid a boatload of money. I would think that part of that would include making the random solvers, which are a HUGE part of the client, as good as he possibly can.

You seriously don't know how a business is run do you? CEO's of companies don't do the grunt work they have the idea and put it in motion. Besides he can't do everything himself, he needs to have some help from the users. If you're not willing to help and and you think he owes to too you, I strongly suggest you either don't use the client or help out the community.

You seriously don't know how a business is run do you? CEO's of companies don't do the grunt work they have the idea and put it in motion. Besides he can't do everything himself, he needs to have some help from the users. If you're not willing to help and and you think he owes to too you, I strongly suggest you either don't use the client or help out the community.

Yes, but CEOs pay people to do it. What CEO says "hi so I don't really want to pay anyone, but if anyone wants to fix this issue, that would be great."

Now let's not start insulting each other's intelligence, because you always look like an ignorant fool when you are wrong.

I never said that TRiLez should do it himself. He should be paying people to do it. That is how companies work. And the random solver is not just a small aspect of the client. Yes, I will stay with TRiBot also if it isn't fixed. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. It's poor coding that is done for an extremely important aspect of the client. If I am running a script and fail a random, anything could happen. Yes, scripts should account for random failures, but at the same time, the random solvers shouldn't fail.

It's not even that they fail, it's that they (well, some, not all) are coded so horrendously and unprofessionally that it's embarrassing.

At any rate, I'm done with this. I've said what I needed to say, and that's that. If TRiLez doesn't want to employ people to make the random solvers really good, then that's his decision. He's in no way obligated to. I just can't think of a reason why he wouldn't do that. It wouldn't take a lot of money, only $50 or even less per random, to get people to do it. That's a very low price for getting the randoms fixed, at least in my opinion.

Where does it say randoms should be part of the client? People who make scripts can incorporate random solvers in their scripts, Trilez made a client, that works. He doesn't need to fix randoms yet he still does it for us.

Next we're going to hear why doesn't trilez fix all the scripts? It's not his job to do so.

Where does it say randoms should be part of the client? People who make scripts can incorporate random solvers in their scripts, Trilez made a client, that works. He doesn't need to fix randoms yet he still does it for us.

Next we're going to hear why doesn't trilez fix all the scripts? It's not his job to do so.

Where does it say that cars should come with gas tanks? Nowhere. It's just common sense that businesses should make their service non-shitty.

Scripts would suck so bad if random events were privatized. 

Wow, to the people arguing the defense of Trilez, your right, he could theoretically say that you are paying for the client, but the random solvers are part of that package as advertised. So yes, he should be paying people to fix the problems with the CLIENT.

I love the bot, i think its great, but i definitely think more time needs to be spent on random solving, before they introduce new concepts. It is, as of this point, the only problem I have with the bot.

Yup, he runs the business, and offers the client. Which includes a working random solver....only its not working. In fact you are committing a fallacy yourself (Fallacy, fallacy) which is, if you didn't know, is presuming that because a claim has been poorly argued, or a fallacy has been made, that the claim itself must be wrong. Take the same scenario you provided, however replace it with money, instead of work hours, that would be a more reasonable way of looking at it. Bill Gates sinks millions of dollars in his works to get them up and running smoothly. He might not do the work himself, but he delegates.

Also, this is a fair forum for this topic, and is constructive as stated by OP. Not sure how it is "useless complaining".

Wow, to the people arguing the defense of Trilez, your right, he could theoretically say that you are paying for the client, but the random solvers are part of that package as advertised. So yes, he should be paying people to fix the problems with the CLIENT.

I love the bot, i think its great, but i definitely think more time needs to be spent on random solving, before they introduce new concepts. It is, as of this point, the only problem I have with the bot.

Yup, he runs the business, and offers the client. Which includes a working random solver....only its not working. In fact you are committing a fallacy yourself (Fallacy, fallacy) which is, if you didn't know, is presuming that because a claim has been poorly argued, or a fallacy has been made, that the claim itself must be wrong. Take the same scenario you provided, however replace it with money, instead of work hours, that would be a more reasonable way of looking at it. Bill Gates sinks millions of dollars in his works to get them up and running smoothly. He might not do the work himself, but he delegates.

Also, this is a fair forum for this topic, and is constructive as stated by OP. Not sure how it is "useless complaining".

Please let me refer you to the rest of my post: