Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bradsta

Announcement: Private Scripts Sales - Compensation & Guidelines

12 posts in this topic

Just to make sure you all know this, and to avoid any future confusion.

Please view this thread: https://tribot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21254-script-writer-rank-is-required-to-take-private-requests/

Also let me make a few notes regarding the topic also.

-You are not allowed to take ANY sort of compensation for any script if you do not have the script writer rank. No exceptions.  Additionally this includes taking money for a script someone with the script writer rank has written for you.  If you do this, you will be infracted.

-Paid private scripts take on the same rules as premium scripts, just a lower user-base scale.  To read rules pertaining to premium scripts please visit this thread: https://tribot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/26570-premium-script-requirements-all-premium-scripters-read/

The purpose of this announcement is to make sure you all know the rules, and to remind you it is YOUR duty to view them, and pertain to them if you have any sort of doubt of something that may or may not be allowed.  Failure to inform yourself of the rules puts you at risk of infraction.

Thank you for reading,

Bradsta & TRiBot Staff

Edited by padlockcode
1 person likes this

What happens if I asked two different people to make me a private script, they said they could. I then told them my idea and they blew me off and told me they were busy and couldn't do it? Would they be stealing my idea and is that against the rules? They were two ranked people on the forums.

What happens if I asked two different people to make me a private script, they said they could. I then told them my idea and they blew me off and told me they were busy and couldn't do it? Would they be stealing my idea and is that against the rules? They were two ranked people on the forums.

Since all of the knowledge revolves around a game, it is technically not your property. You can't prevent script idea stealing because there is no provable way, and also it's not your actual property.

However, most private scripters do abide by the honor system. If someone comes to my with a private script idea and I refuse it, I don't offer it to anyone else. That is, of course, unless I already knew the idea.

It's just the honor system. Find a trustworthy scripter to do private scripts. Maybe ask around and look for feedback. Or just come to me ;)

1 person likes this

It was Sock Monster and Druid. I don't have hard feelings about it; therefore, it's not a big deal. I was just curious.