Sign in to follow this  
Dimensionic

TRiBot RS3 - dying?

Every day my concern grows that TRiBot RS3 does not seem to grow - if anything it's the other way around.

The bug/model of free users being not able to add scripts from repository, or even download attachments is still yet to be addressed by official word.
This strongly impales the activity of potential script users, who come and go, never looking back.

I know this, because I myself was decided to look somewhere else, as I did not see the necessity to pay for membership, in order to write scripts - as I do not have any interest in playing / gaining skills or money myself. And I wanted to try out the bot performance, before dedicating myself to writing scripts for it.
The same applies to someone looking for bot.

Also the bot/API, even though I understand it's still young, has bugs which are kind of obvious to almost any script, yet nothing has changed for RS3 part of the client for several updates. I'm talking about Camera methods for example, as well as various different methods which do not work as they are, and require different workarounds to make them 'kind-of' work.

There seems to be just a few active script writers.

I actively monitor the RS3 part of the forums trough out the day, and the activity is low. About 3-10 posts a day? Most of them are these few scripts writers sharing opinions and ideas.
Almost no feedback to any script from users perspective.

I do not post this to rant anyone.
I post this, to ask if my concern is misplaced? Am I the only one?

Edited by Dimensionic

It's probably because most people are scared to bot RS3 because the bans are literally instant most of the time.

That was because of Powerbot i think. They had a detectable client from what i have heard and they were the main RS3 bots. So no one bots on RS3 now. 

At the moment, RS3 is like a VIP bot now- non-VIP member's can't use it. That is one of the main reasons why its not growing. 

Instant ban? No.
I have botted well over 100 hours on single account. With scripts that are far from ready to be released. It probably ran for hours back and forth at night between guards and bank at night, because of a bug (API bug, none the less).
No ban.

EDIT:
Of course. There is a certain logic to not getting banned as well that I follow.
Can't bot 24h/day for several days.
Don't name your character "m0nyf4rml0l" or "ObviousBot12378y2".
Train diverse skills.
Get your combat up, at least a little.

Edited by Dimensionic

They are not rumours, botwatch on RS3 is amazing.

No it's not. PB's client was detectable thats why it had a high ban rate. I agree with dimen I have botted with unreleased scripts with big bugs with no ban.

I would also like to add that my woodcutting script gets 5-10 new users daily and no one has posted omfg banned yet.

Edited by dcthugs93

This thread has kind of derailed into an argument about banrate.. :/

I would also like to add that my woodcutting script gets 5-10 new users daily and no one has posted omfg banned yet.

Right, but are there any feedback from these 5-10 new users a day?
They might just download the bot, try to add some scripts. Doesn't work. Move on.

This thread has kind of derailed into an argument about banrate.. :/

Right, but are there any feedback from these 5-10 new users a day?

They might just download the bot, try to add some scripts. Doesn't work. Move on.

I have gotten a few, I was just pointing out that if RS3 on TRiBot had an instant ban rate there would be at least 1-2 people saying "omfg g0d instant b4n!1!!"

I think it'd be nice if we could get more users for our RS3 client, but as of right now, it isn't really on our top priority list as 07 is, which I'm sure you all can understand. While Trilez works on improving the API and providing more stability for you and the users, a lot of the pressure comes down on to you guys because we can only do so much. We need more and more scripters to join and script for RS3, which is your guys's job. :)

But would I say RS3 is dying on TRiBot? Nah, not really. But I wouldn't say it's really even hit its birth yet.

I think it'd be nice if we could get more users for our RS3 client, but as of right now, it isn't really on our top priority list as 07 is, which I'm sure you all can understand. While Trilez works on improving the API and providing more stability for you and the users, a lot of the pressure comes down on to you guys because we can only do so much. We need more and more scripters to join and script for RS3, which is your guys's job. :)

But would I say RS3 is dying on TRiBot? Nah, not really. But I wouldn't say it's really even hit its birth yet.

I can understand that.

But to me - the repository bug, at least, should be severe enough to give it at least some kind of priority or acknowledgement, no?

Like I said, I do not want to rant anyone. Really. But I am trying to raise some noise in hopes of something changing.

The little time I've been here - about a week - I have not see any official support towards community.

There has been like what... 1 major, 8-9 minor updates to client? Nothing that I know of towards RS3 client.

Not even support to Trilez own scripts really..

So I hope you can understand my concern about RS3 community not being able to grow - and it seems like there is no interest to fix it any time soon...

• Like 1

Let me just say RS3 TRiBot isn't young at all. TRiBot for EOC has been around for nearly over 2 years now.

Remember we're openGL so we have lots of limitations that places such as powerbot don't.

TRiBot got massivly popular with its OS Bot and TRiLeZ decided to re introduce RS3 once OS was more stable.

Let me just say RS3 TRiBot isn't young at all. TRiBot for EOC has been around for nearly over 2 years now.

Remember we're openGL so we have lots of limitations that places such as powerbot don't.

TRiBot got massivly popular with its OS Bot and TRiLeZ decided to re introduce RS3 once OS was more stable.

I feel that was a smart move. This is also the reason why I feel TRiBot RS3 is safer than other RS3 clients.

I've asked trilez about the certain buggs that you mentiond, he said he's been fixing the rs3 repo bugg and the can't download classfiles buggs.

could you be a bit more specific about the API buggs? what you're missing, what you want to see, what you want to be fixed etc.

That's good news about the Repo.

Backpack.inventory has some issue's, I will make a whole list of current issue's/bugs within the API.

Here's a few of them for now.

Loadstone sometimes misclicks and lands you in a different area.

Backpack.isFull() is 100% broken

Text.findCharsInArea/Text.lineToString seems to return Strings that are doubled

"YYoouuccaann''ttddootthhiiss" instead of "You can't do this"

Edited by Mat
  • Like 1

I feel that was a smart move. This is also the reason why I feel TRiBot RS3 is safer than other RS3 clients.

That's good news about the Repo.

Backpack.inventory has some issue's, I will make a whole list of current issue's/bugs within the API.

Here's a few of them for now.

Loadstone sometimes misclicks and lands you in a different area.

Backpack.isFull() is 100% broken

Text.findCharsInArea/Text.lineToString seems to return Strings that are doubled

"YYoouuccaann''ttddootthhiiss" instead of "You can't do this"

The text.findCharinArea should do that as it reads the text off the front screen and the back screen, use text.splitHorizontal *(I think its called that) to split it up.

Matt

May I ask are all your items visible in your backpack?

I have tried both with all items showing and without.  I am not the only scripter who is aware of this problem either. It never returns true I think.

Let me also add that I work around this bug by using textures/strings to determine if backpack is full.

public static final int         inventoryFull = 24078;    public static boolean inventoryIsFull(){        TextChar[] fullInventory = Text.findCharsInArea(5, 465, 270, 150, false);        String x = Text.lineToString(fullInventory, 100);        boolean b = x.contains("YYoouurriinnvveennttoorryy");        Texture[] inventory = Textures.find(inventoryFull);         if(inventory.length > 0){             if( {                 return true;            }         }return false;  }
Edited by dcthugs93

I've asked trilez about the certain buggs that you mentiond, he said he's been fixing the rs3 repo bugg and the can't download classfiles buggs.

could you be a bit more specific about the API buggs? what you're missing, what you want to see, what you want to be fixed etc.

That is great to hear.

The major problem I have right now with API, or more specifically - client (I think), is that the camera is useless. The API methods seem to work, but client does not want to move the camera. Even when trying to move it manually, when no script is running.

Sometimes it helps if you click on the viewport, sometimes it helps if you switch between display tabs (applet<->paintable), sometimes it helps if you toggle the blocking of user inputs several times.

Most of the times it simply doesn't work.

But there's also a problem with many methods returning null-info. It almost seems like frequently all the information the bot reads from the game is blank. This also seems to match the problem dcthugs is describing with the backpack. However this can be worked around on most occasions - still a nasty bug despite.

For me personally, from the top of my head I can remember having this issue with  Game.getHitpoints() and PRP methods.

I could probably think of another one or two minor bugs/problems I have been encountering if I really tried to remember. But the ones I described are definitely the most annoying ones.

Oh, also the restarter has never worked for me, even though I basically copied the code from Trilez' script. For me, the paintable display and script freezes, but the applet display remains working.