Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timothyyy

General scripting tips/guides? Post.

8 posts in this topic

Just as title says. Post all USEFUL tips/guides for a beginner scripter. As a noob, I have no idea where to start in the scripting world.. so I need your help.

I'm going to be attempting to get into scripting my own little bots soon, so I need em'! Thanks.

Edited by timothyyy

Learn Java.

This ^. Java is needed to be able to write a good script. The better java you know and how to use it in your scripts, the better quality your scripts would be. I learnt java from watching thenewboston's tutorials on youtube. I'd advise 1-30. Once you have learnt Java and memorise it, the community would be able to help you to script. Without the knowledge of java, you'll get nowhere and theres nothing really we can do to help you since it would be like chinese to you. Think of scripting as another language. 

This ^. Java is needed to be able to write a good script. The better java you know and how to use it in your scripts, the better quality your scripts would be. I learnt java from watching thenewboston's tutorials on youtube. I'd advise 1-30. Once you have learnt Java and memorise it, the community would be able to help you to script. Without the knowledge of java, you'll get nowhere and theres nothing really we can do to help you since it would be like chinese to you. Think of scripting as another language. 

Thanks! I'll check out the videos.

:)

Edited by timothyyy

Alright let me see...

- Don't be like me, hardcoding stuff, try to do everything as dynamical as possible, this may not make sense, but you'll thank me in a few weeks.

- Ask around to scripters for help, don't be annoying about it, just say hello and ask for help and i'm sure we will help you out.

- Use boolean methods when you can.

- Keep your code clean.

- Debug and test every little change you make to your scripts.

2 people like this

I learned c++ first, then java from javabeginner.com. I have extensive experience with creating 3d opengl java games and minecraft plugins. Scripting was like second nature to me when I started it.