Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Starfox

Starfox application

Scripter   7 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

Snipplets: n/a

Tutorials: n/a

Randoms/updates submitted: n/a

Scripts available to the public:

Due to large amount of files, I'll be using Github rather than pastebin, if that is okay.

https://github.com/9Ox/SF-Flax LINK TO THREAD

https://github.com/9Ox/SF-Tanner LINK TO THREAD

https://github.com/9Ox/SF-Fletcher LINK TO THREAD

Short biography / Coding Experience:

The first time I was introduced to computer science was sophomore year of high school when I took an introduction to programming course that taught java. After that, I completed both years of AP Computer Science during my junior and senior years of high school. Part of the second year of AP computer science was taught in a subset of LISP called Dr. Racket, where my teacher wanted us to dabble a little bit with AI. I am currently attending Ivy Tech, a community college in Indiana where I'm taking any and all gen ed classes so I can transfer to Purdue University next year where I plan on majoring in computer science. As for the RuneScape botting scene, I started writing scripts for RSBuddy back in 2011 when I had finished the intro to programming class I had mentioned above. After a couple months, I stopped playing RuneScape altogether, but since old school has come out I've come back and while I don't play the game anymore, I do enjoy writing scripts.

Reasons why you feel you deserve Scripter:

I feel I'm qualified for the rank due to the experience I have listed above. I also feel that I am able to produce quality scripts for the community to use.

What you plan to provide the community with:

I don't have specific scripts planned out, however I do plan on writing scripts for the foreseeable future. The thing I am definitely planning on doing is continuing to hang around the Scripting Help sub-forum to help anyone out that needs it.

Do you agree to continue to not only update, but provide more free, open sourced scripts to the community?

Yes.

Do you agree to follow the terms found here if you ever release a premium script?

Yes.

@USA: The method has the same effect as creating an RSArea(RSTile tile, int radius), however the class is there for me to use so I would definitely agree that I should be using it. 

Edited by Starfox

Yesyesyeysyes

Although you should check the requirements to apply. It's a yes from me as soon as you are more active in the community

Edited by Arckos

Use RSArea,

1.     public static boolean isAtBank() {
  2.         return Player.getPosition().distanceTo(BANK_TILE) <= 4;
  3.     }

You have about <20 users collectively using your Scripts and you just hit 100 posts today with the bare minimum for Script requirements. Your Fletcher and Tanner were done well and that was enough to judge you on however you haven't quite established yourself fully in the community yet, I will wait pending other comments.

Use RSArea,

•     public static boolean isAtBank() {

•         return Player.getPosition().distanceTo(BANK_TILE) <= 4;

•     }

You have about <20 users collectively using your Scripts and you just hit 100 posts today with the bare minimum for Script requirements. Your Fletcher and Tanner were done well and that was enough to judge you on however you haven't quite established yourself fully in the community yet, I will wait pending other comments.

His code is better than 50% of premium scripters. I say we accept him based just on that.

Yes from me.  You understand Java, as well as most of the API so there is nothing but improvement from you in the future.  You also understand that everything in one file looks like a mess, so you have better organizational skills which will lead to nothing but beautiful code :).