Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lyling

What is the best way to lose weight?

20 posts in this topic

I'm actually a personal trainer and I have a few simple suggestions. First: Don't search too much for miracle supplements or fads. Second: Eat less/healthier and take a 45 minute walk a day. Third: For your hunger, try the inexpensive Yohombine HCL or expensive Saffron Extract.

Good luck.

Ummm...

Healthy way :

Eat tons of fruits/vegetables, little bit of chips, soda, cookies, and cake. (or none)

Shitload of excersice, or a constant 30 mins to 1 hr a day, don't skip a day, otherwise defeats the purpose.

Not healthy way (but not really damaging) :

What do you eat normally?  2 servings of cereal? Eat 1.

4 slices of cake?  Eat 1.

You get the point, eat the same, but smaller amounts, just enough to take the hunger away and/or fill yourself with less.

Important: eat SLOW.  The brain recieves the "i'm full" message on a 15 minute delay (approx) , so eat slow with alot of WATER drinks to give your brain the full sensation.

Hope I helped :).

1 person likes this

Ummm...

Healthy way :

Eat tons of fruits/vegetables, little bit of chips, soda, cookies, and cake. (or none)

Shitload of excersice, or a constant 30 mins to 1 hr a day, don't skip a day, otherwise defeats the purpose.

Not healthy way (but not really damaging) :

What do you eat normally?  2 servings of cereal? Eat 1.

4 slices of cake?  Eat 1.

You get the point, eat the same, but smaller amounts, just enough to take the hunger away and/or fill yourself with less.

Important: eat SLOW.  The brain recieves the "i'm full" message on a 15 minute delay (approx) , so eat slow with alot of WATER drinks to give your brain the full sensation.

Hope I helped :).

Very detailed very good.ill do as this and i think ill lose weight. thanks bro

Not that most of the recent replies were horrible, which most of them were. I have lost a substantial amount of weight, I have tested plenty of things. Crimson's post was short and sweet, Cardio is key. It is very beneficial to not just burning fat, but increasing overall health. IF YOU DO NOT EAT YOU WILL NOT LOSE WEIGHT

Drinking water will help raise you're metabolism. Try you're best to stay away from fast foods, anything fried/greesey.

Fresh vegetables are much healthier than the can. Fruits are also good. Start eating more fish, chicken, try to not graze on red meats. 

very experienced 

kinesiology major 

Not that most of the recent replies were horrible, which most of them were. I have lost a substantial amount of weight, I have tested plenty of things. Crimson's post was short and sweet, Cardio is key. It is very beneficial to not just burning fat, but increasing overall health. IF YOU DO NOT EAT YOU WILL NOT LOSE WEIGHT

what‘s the Cardio?i like jogging and volleyball.and are they Cardio?

lypo is best way to loose weight, nothing can beat it, :s

Not alone, adipocytes are persistant little fellows. They will multiply fast and start eagerly depositing fat once the conditions are good. 

A really comprehensive and more permanent solution would be: 

1. Start excercising. If you're very fat, do cycling and swimming bofore jogging (better for the knees). Take up jogging after you've lost the bulk of your excessive weight. NB! A check-up of your cardiovascular health and tolerance to excercise at a sports physician is essential to determine the right heart rate and duration of aerobic excercise!

2. A change of diet - there is no way around that. No need to starve youself, just make sure you dont eat more than you burn and that the ratio of fat/protein/carbs in your energy gain (kcal) is ~30%/15%/55% respectively. Also, cook more on your own -that means buying the raw stuff (real meat / chicken / fish / poatoes / rice etc.) and really cooking (microwave is not cooking...) your own meals.

3. Once you've lost a significat amount of fat, you must appreciate the fact that your adipose tisse has shrunk due to cell atrophy, NOT due to apoptosis (controlled cell death) - the nr. of cells is still the ~same, they're just smaller. This is the spot where resection or lypo-suction of the tissue might be an option - you reduce the number of adipocytes after eliminating the conditions that promote their multiplication / regeneration.

4. When excercising, aerobic excercise is the name of the game. Thats what burns fat most effectively. Start from 1h 3 times a week and progress all the way to 1,5-2hrs 4 times a week if you like (you'll start to appreciate the great feeling that lasts like 3-5hrs after moderately

strenuous excercise :) ).

5. Sleep enough! People with lack of sleep eat more than they need due to imbalance of some gastrointestinal hormones (cba with details :P ). 7-8h is enough.

Edited by l6bus tank

What you eat in private is what you wear in public! Do a sport you enjoy doing with friends. Volleyball and jogging are good!

Not alone, adipocytes are persistant little fellows. They will multiply fast and start eagerly depositing fat once the conditions are good. 

A really comprehensive and more permanent solution would be: 

1. Start excercising. If you're very fat, do cycling and swimming bofore jogging (better for the knees). Take up jogging after you've lost the bulk of your excessive weight. NB! A check-up of your cardiovascular health and tolerance to excercise at a sports physician is essential to determine the right heart rate and duration of aerobic excercise!

2. A change of diet - there is no way around that. No need to starve youself, just make sure you dont eat more than you burn and that the ratio of fat/protein/carbs in your energy gain (kcal) is ~30%/15%/55% respectively. Also, cook more on your own -that means buying the raw stuff (real meat / chicken / fish / poatoes / rice etc.) and really cooking (microwave is not cooking...) your own meals.

3. Once you've lost a significat amount of fat, you must appreciate the fact that your adipose tisse has shrunk due to cell atrophy, NOT due to apoptosis (controlled cell death) - the nr. of cells is still the ~same, they're just smaller. This is the spot where resection or lypo-suction of the tissue might be an option - you reduce the number of adipocytes after eliminating the conditions that promote their multiplication / regeneration.

4. When excercising, aerobic excercise is the name of the game. Thats what burns fat most effectively. Start from 1h 3 times a week and progress all the way to 1,5-2hrs 4 times a week if you like (you'll start to appreciate the great feeling that lasts like 3-5hrs after moderately

strenuous excercise :) ).

5. Sleep enough! People with lack of sleep eat more than they need due to imbalance of some gastrointestinal hormones (cba with details :P ). 7-8h is enough.

Very in depth and well put together! love it!

What you eat in private is what you wear in public! Do a sport you enjoy doing with friends. Volleyball and jogging are good!

i think it is a good method. and i like jogging and playing vollyball, ill do as that if i have time 

Get an app called MyFitnessPal and record your calories each day, make sure you are eating less calories then you need per day and do cardio 4-5 times a week.

Do you actually want to lose weight or gain muscle?

For losing weight the easy thing to do is drink a ton of water and eat vegatables.

and do cardio.

but if you want to turn 'fat' (assuming we are talkin about this) into muscle I would  recommend different things.