Reducing CPU and Memory Usage

By TRiLeZ in Tutorials,
This tutorial will teach users how to reduce CPU usage.       Client Paint Delay This settings controls how much delay TRiBot should give the client with every frame. The more to the left, the higher the FPS, resulting in more CPU being used. The more to the right, the lower the FPS, resulting in less CPU being used. MOST SCRIPTS DON'T NEED 40 FPS TO BOT. MOST WILL BE FINE WITH 4-10 FPS. NO, THE CLIENT DOES NOT LAG WHEN YOU SLIDE THE BAR TO THE RIGHT. THAT IS DELAY, WHICH REDUCES CPU USAGE. I recommend using between 40-100ms delay, depending on how good your processor is and if you want to save CPU. For my desktop, TRiBot uses about 6% CPU on average with 40ms delay. I'm not trying to run as many bots as I can, so I leave it at 40ms. Client Sleep Modifier The more to the left, the more CPU usage. The more to right right, the lower the CPU usage. This setting is hardly even used within TRiBot, so just leave it at 1.0. Lite Mode Use Lite Mode if you want to reduce CPU/memory usage. Minimize TRiBot When Not Interacting With It Minimizing TRiBot will lower the CPU usage. If you aren't interacting with TRiBot, please minimize TRiBot. Max Heap Size This controls how much memory you allow the Java Virtual Machine to use. Please do not use more than 256mb per client that you run. Ex: Don't use more than 256mb if you are only running one client. Do not use more than 512mb if you are only running two clients. Do not use more than 1024mb if you are only running four clients. Try using this formula for the amount you should allocate: 256MB + ((amount of clients - 1) * 128MB) Warning: This formula isn't perfect. The higher you set this value to, the more amount of RAM the Java Virtual Machine will use. If you give one client 1024MB of a heap size, expect higher RAM usage than you would when using 256MB. TRiBot does not directly handle memory usage and allocation. The Java Virtual Machine is responsible for handling memory, and in a very complex way.
  • 32 replies