Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TRiLeZ

Reducing CPU and Memory Usage

36 posts in this topic

This tutorial will teach users how to reduce CPU usage.

hrgwu.jpg

ZP67u.jpg

1. Client Paint Delay
    • This settings controls how much delay TRiBot should give the client with every frame. The more to the left, the higher the FPS, resulting in more CPU being used. The more to the right, the lower the FPS, resulting in less CPU being used.
    • MOST SCRIPTS DON'T NEED 40 FPS TO BOT. MOST WILL BE FINE WITH 4-10 FPS. NO, THE CLIENT DOES NOT LAG WHEN YOU SLIDE THE BAR TO THE RIGHT. THAT IS DELAY, WHICH REDUCES CPU USAGE.
    • I recommend using between 40-100ms delay, depending on how good your processor is and if you want to save CPU. For my desktop, TRiBot uses about 6% CPU on average with 40ms delay. I'm not trying to run as many bots as I can, so I leave it at 40ms.
  2. Client Sleep Modifier
    • The more to the left, the more CPU usage. The more to right right, the lower the CPU usage. This setting is hardly even used within TRiBot, so just leave it at 1.0.
  3. Lite Mode
    • Use Lite Mode if you want to reduce CPU/memory usage.
  4. Minimize TRiBot When Not Interacting With It
    • Minimizing TRiBot will lower the CPU usage. If you aren't interacting with TRiBot, please minimize TRiBot.
  5. Max Heap Size
    • This controls how much memory you allow the Java Virtual Machine to use.
    • Please do not use more than 256mb per client that you run. Ex: Don't use more than 256mb if you are only running one client. Do not use more than 512mb if you are only running two clients. Do not use more than 1024mb if you are only running four clients.
    • Try using this formula for the amount you should allocate: 256MB + ((amount of clients - 1) * 128MB)
      • Warning: This formula isn't perfect.
    • The higher you set this value to, the more amount of RAM the Java Virtual Machine will use. If you give one client 1024MB of a heap size, expect higher RAM usage than you would when using 256MB.
      • TRiBot does not directly handle memory usage and allocation. The Java Virtual Machine is responsible for handling memory, and in a very complex way.
12 people like this

Thanks, the guide solved the problem for me.

with exceptions. still not as good as it was last update but this guide makes it somewhat runnable again

Why shouldn't I use more than 256mb when I have 1 client open. What will really happen if i have it on 1024mb? I Always seem to have it on 1024mb, and I don't see any problems with it running. (6GB RAM)

Why shouldn't I use more than 256mb when I have 1 client open. What will really happen if i have it on 1024mb? I Always seem to have it on 1024mb, and I don't see any problems with it running. (6GB RAM)

Using more gives the potential for the Java Virtual Machine to consume more. But it the memory usage doesn't bother or affect you, then feel free to continue using 1024mb.

Did you follow the guide linked above?yes
What is the CPU usage before you start a script?15 to 25 percent
What is the CPU usage after you start a script? 95 to 100 percent
What script are you using? whunter
What version of TRiBot are you using? 1.79
What version of Java is TRiBot using? the latest version of java
What operating system are you using? windows 7 and 8 tried both
Do you experience high CPU usage with other scripts? yes
What is the "Max Heap Size" set to as defined in the TRiBot Login? 256
What is your Client Paint Delay? 40
Are you running lite mode?yes
Do you minimize TRiBot while botting?yes

I'm getting 100 percent cpu usage when only running 8 bots on a fx 8350 processor so something is obviously is going on here. Normally i would have at the most 30 to 40 percent cpu usage when running 8 bots. I've tried everything and talked to my friends and there having this same problem. After 10 or 15minutes after ive started my script my cpu usage just skyrockets to 95 to 100 percent. 

Can someone please explain the memory / heap size?

Like when he refers to 1 client, does he mean 1 bot running on the client?

So like if I have 3 clients open, each with 2 bots running within the client, so 6 bots total, do I make it so each client is 520? I'm just a little confused.

for some reason, despite trying every method in enhancing "client" and settings changing and changed, I never had things modifed to at least Bot for more than 12 hours. Is there something with my account or something?

for some reason, despite trying every method in enhancing "client" and settings changing and changed, I never had things modifed to at least Bot for more than 12 hours. Is there something with my account or something?

I don't understand what you are saying/asking here?

I don't understand what you are saying/asking here?

thank you for replying. Well, I don't know how to fix things with TriBot.. Well,... Here's one of my troubles I have with Botting. Randoms, it seems to me even though after logging on, went to "Scripts" and click on the Random Responder thing, it appears to not respond with the Frog. I'm not even sure if this is the best place to report this to.. How do I fix issues like these?

thank you for replying. Well, I don't know how to fix things with TriBot.. Well,... Here's one of my troubles I have with Botting. Randoms, it seems to me even though after logging on, went to "Scripts" and click on the Random Responder thing, it appears to not respond with the Frog. I'm not even sure if this is the best place to report this to.. How do I fix issues like these?

That's the auto responder, that's an option for the bot to auto respond to messages in the chatbox, it's unrelated to random events.

If you get stuck in a random event go to this topic to report it: https://tribot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/14490-random-event-solvers-need-accounts-information/

Edited by Nashua

Hi, what would be the optimal amount for 6 bots running on one client? I was thinking around 1536, which should be fine for a PC used only for botting with 8 GB'S of RAM.

hey sometimes when botting i get lag and i find this

855ed7d41f62ec06b76a47dee883610e.png

as im sure u know theres only ONE java.exe in processes,

but for some reason sometimes theres more, 3 or 4? and i can close them but i never know which one is tribot,

but some how multiply!!! like rabbits!!!

any ideas on how to stop this? xx