Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dibes

[Videos] How to make tribot scripts | Covers everything you need to know to get started!

38 posts in this topic

Dibes Tutorial Series

Hi, My name is Dibes. I decided I wanted to dedicate a video series covering everything you need to start creating your own scripts! I plan to break these up into segments that are under 10 minutes in length each. It will begin with the very first setup for Tribot and continue on into the variable types and then onto how to use them to create a script. At the end we will add paint and create a GUI so it is easier on the end user to use!

What will this series teach you?

• How to setup Tribot in intellij
  • Basic scripting for Tribot
  • How to develop logic in order to create robust scripts
  • How to go through the Tribot Docs
  • How to create a Paint
  • How to create a GUI

Table Of Contents:

• Video 1: Settings up Tribot in Intellij
  • Video 2: An Overview of the Script Skeleton and Variable Types
  • Video 3: Creating your first PowerChopping Script!
  • Video 4: Banking and Pathing!
  • Video 5: TBD

Video 1: Setting up Tribot in Intellij or Eclipse

I will preface this by saying that in my tutorial series I will be using Intellij as my IDE. Eclipse works perfectly fine if that is what you are comfortable with!

In this tutorial we go over how to properly set up Intellij or Eclipse to be your IDE for Tribot.

Requirements:

For Eclipse:

• Eclipse Windows 32bit
  • Eclipse Windows 64Bit

Video Link for Intellij:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5j4nGRQpas

Video Link for Eclipse:

Creating...

Video 2: An Overview of the Script Skeleton and Variable Types

In this segment we go over the Basic script skeleton and talk about what the components of it mean. Then we go over 4 basic variable types that are highly used in the creation of Tribot Scripts.

Requirements:

• None

Java Knowledge Needed (they link to video tutorials dealing with that specific subject):

Video Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajs727S6Xcg

Video 3: Creating your first PowerChopping Script!

This video goes in depth into creating you first script and some ideology of how to properly think about what your script does before you even touch the code to ensure that the logic is sound.

Requirements:

• None

Java Knowledge Needed:

Video Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x22lma-9xqQ

Video 4: Banking and Pathing

In this video you learn how to do some pathing to the bank and bank your items. We also clean up the script to function better.

Requirements:

• None

Java Knowledge Needed:

Video Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yq_f0Yd7zk

Edited by Dibes
4 people like this

Should be pretty useful! Are there many differences between intellij and eclipse?

The main differences is the ability to use different themes (such as dark ones <3) and the code completion is SIGNIFICANTLY better than that of eclipse. 

Create videos for eclipse also, as that is alot more popular. 

I will do that as soon as I finish rendering this video!

The main differences is the ability to use different themes (such as dark ones <3) and the code completion is SIGNIFICANTLY better than that of eclipse. 

I will do that as soon as I finish rendering this video!

You can use themes with eclipse.

You can use themes with eclipse.

As of the newer version 4.1 or 4.2+ I believe you can. I switched to Intellij before that was added and then fell in love with the workflow and code completion. Regardless they are both good IDE's and i'll address both.

UPDATED TUTORIAL: Added Video 3!

Edited by Dibes

UPDATED TUTORIAL: Added Video 4!

thanks man If you wouldn't mind updating this.

I found this to be a great help with my first scripts and ill be sure to give you credit when and If I am able to finish my first script.

Seems like I got something to watch! Still waiting for some one who's showing the code on the forums :P *hint*

What do you mean showing the code on the forums? Just giving the source?

What do you mean showing the code on the forums? Just giving the source?

More like a text tutorial. Since I don't always got the time to watch tutorials on YouTube. I like to read them.
1 person likes this

Really enjoyed them. Could you add a anti ban lesson to?

Also it would be nice if you upload the script after every video, then it would be easier to keep track.

do you compile before every time you test it? somewhy i cant run mine like you are :/ It just wont appear in the script loadout

do you compile before every time you test it? somewhy i cant run mine like you are :/ It just wont appear in the script loadout

yea me too...

Hi,

For some reason the code doesn't want to compile correctly and i've followed all the directions in the first video. When I create the manifest and test it in Tribot nothing shows up when i start a script.

Any advice?

I've never used Intellij before, only eclipse but that shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by jubulex

I've personally been using Notepad++ cause I dont know which version of Eclipse to download. 

So, which version dudes? help me out

I've personally been using Notepad++ cause I dont know which version of Eclipse to download. 

So, which version dudes? help me out

This one:

bKvRm8m.png

your going way to fast in my opinion i watched all your tutorials and the information you need to know and to me it seems as if your talking to yourself while doing it because you don't explain enough.  another helpful thing would be if you set a recording area on your screen of just the script text while you do it so we can view it more clearly

Edited by Frosty_pops

Help

I can't get it to show up in tribot.  My script looks exactly like yours and I have compiled it.  The .class also shows up in /bin/scripts