Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Uncle Sam

Need some advice/explanation

4 posts in this topic

Hey fellas, I hope you're doing we'll.

I'm asking for some advice and a bit of explanation as I know jack-s*** on working out unlike you folks. Could someone please take a moment of their time to answer some of my questions:

1. Do we have to take supplements after a work-out?

2. How many days a week do you normally hit the gym?

3. Do you involve your Cardio within your weight training day or have a full on Cardio day? What would work best?

I'm just about to hit 15 I'm 6'2 and I weigh approximately 185 pounds. I'm really looking Into working out to pack on more muscle.

Thanks a lot for reading this, I'd really like to hear your input.

Uncle Sam

1. You could simply just eat a meal after working out.

2. Depends on how things are. Sometimes 2, sometimes every day of the week.

3. I don't do a full day or partial day of cardio at all. Do a fast paced, light weight, workout with shorter breaks between sets and exercises.

Hey fellas, I hope you're doing we'll.

I'm asking for some advice and a bit of explanation as I know jack-s*** on working out unlike you folks. Could someone please take a moment of their time to answer some of my questions:

1. Do we have to take supplements after a work-out?

2. How many days a week do you normally hit the gym?

3. Do you involve your Cardio within your weight training day or have a full on Cardio day? What would work best?

I'm just about to hit 15 I'm 6'2 and I weigh approximately 185 pounds. I'm really looking Into working out to pack on more muscle.

Thanks a lot for reading this, I'd really like to hear your input.

Uncle Sam

Well..

1: No you do not have to take any supplements. They can help but are not needed. I advise you eat alot of food before you go and buy supps. Get a few months of lifting in before you start taking supps. Also I dont consider protein powder a supplement (IMO) all it is is food in a different form and easier to take in if you dont have alot of time. I would advise buying some mass gainer protein, it can really help. Creatine is beneficial too but not needed. Pre workouts can help you workout harder too, but not needed. I think everything else is garbage.

2: I hit the gym 3-4 days a week for about an hour and a half each time. If your a beginner i would advise working out for atleast 4-5 days a week because your body will grow fast with newb muscle gains. I think over training effects lifters who have been working out for awhile compared to a new lifter. 

3: I dont do cardio..My metabolism is so fast i could eat 6k calories a day and barely gain any fat. So i dont need cardio. But I want to also improve my cardiovascular system and i will start incorporating cardio in my workouts.

All that matters is calorie intake when gaining muscle/losing fat. You need to eat above maintenance to gain muscle and below maintenance to loose fat/weight. Cardio helps you burn calories so you can lose fat. But if you dont eat those calories in the first place then you dont need cardio to get rid of them..

I would advise you start a workout program based on gaining strenght.