Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SockMonster

SockMonster Application - Vote plz. How long u been waiting over there Afro?

Scripter Applications   5 members have voted

1. 1. Should I have Script Writer satus?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

Snippets:

None - Currently, People can take anything from my scripts.

Tutorials:

Introduction to Tribot API.

Intrduction to GUI's with NetBeans.

Intrduction to Interfaces and Settings.

Got plenty of ideas as I know what I struggled with when learning :)

Randoms/updates submitted:

None. Tribots randoms are already so dam pro :angel:

Scripts available to the public:

S~Ghouls - http://pastebin.com/snKjYHRs

S~AIOChopper - http://pastebin.com/xUUJDYub

Short biography / Coding Experience:

I've been interested in scripting for around 3 years and have been writing small bits and just fixing a few issues for people since then but never really got into making anything properly. Around 2 months ago I finally have the time to actually start learning Java properly and since then I guess I've been making scripts. I've recently began looking into other pretty simple languages such as Python and currently doing a class in school on it.

Like I said I'm leaning Python, I've looked into some Android developments and honestly whenever I've got some free time I'm always doing something related to programming whether it's learning another language or writing another script or even just updating my current ones. Keep in mind I might have only been properly coding for about 3 months so don't expect anything amazing but I'm a fast learner and always looking to improve my understanding of Java.

Reasons why you feel you deserve Scripter:

I'm always on the forums and trying to help people where I can, whether it is with scripting or just general TriBot related questions, I do what I can to help. I'm always improving my scripts and helping people out with their own (Plenty of tutorials :D) whilst still making as many flawless scripts as I can :) I honestly don't know what else to put here without sounding like a dick :D... "I've released many many flawless scripts Y NO SCRIPT WRITER STATUS BRAH..."

What you plan to provide the community with:

A few more tutorials - More advanced obviously

Well basically - More scripts to be honest. Script writer or not of course I'm still going to be making more scripts. I've got some nice ideas maybe a few more advanced AIO scripts instead of just my nooby AIO WCer, an AIO Miner or something? :P I follow the requests section and I'm always looking for a new script idea, currently working on a simple Bank price checker to play around with some NetBeans stuff really. Another thing I might look into is a Nightmare Zone bot, I know Word is working on one at the moment but it'd be fun to play around with.

Do you agree to continue to not only update, but provide more free, open sourced scripts to the community?

Yes ofc, I plan on releasing plenty of flawless free scripts.

Do you agree to follow the terms found here if you ever release a premium script?

Yes.

God Dammit I hate How I can't reply -.-

@Case Statements - Ya thanks for that :D Me being an idiot and not actually looking into it and just going of what someone had told me or seen before somewhere.

@Warfront - The reason Mouse.setSpeed(speed) is everywhere is because I used to change the mouse speed a lot for clicking moving objects or slowing it when trying to be more accurate and I obviously removed some of that stuff and haven't cleaned everything up.

- Anitban Stuff. I wrote this a while ago for my Willow bot (first script) so tbh the whole antiban thing was a bit out of date anyway. I could just throw  everything together and neaten it up tbh.

-Antiban Tabs - Erick reminded me of that and a quick fix I threw out there was this: I'll take a look at your method and see how it properly works but for now this is what I've got

public void antibanTabs() {        GameTab.TABS[] allTabs = { GameTab.TABS.EQUIPMENT,                GameTab.TABS.FRIENDS, GameTab.TABS.IGNORE,                GameTab.TABS.MAGIC, GameTab.TABS.OPTIONS,                GameTab.TABS.QUESTS, GameTab.TABS.PRAYERS,                GameTab.TABS.STATS, GameTab.TABS.COMBAT,                GameTab.TABS.STATS };        GameTab.open(allTabs[General.random(0, 9)]);        sleep(200, 400);        Mouse.moveBox(555, 211, 730, 448);        sleep(2000, 5000);        GameTab.open(GameTab.TABS.INVENTORY);        sleep(300, 600);    }

Updated some things to sort out the issues posted below.

@Arckos They where some fun times, looking back now you where very patient with me :P I'm not quite as good as the teacher yet but I'm getting there :P. On topic again, I changed the big things you mentioned about the horrible switch statements and the antiban tabs stuff. The thing that I really need to sort out like you said is GUI naming conventions - Leespiker pointed out the same thing and honestly I'm not willing to change it all now but ofc in my future scripts I make sure to sort everything out. <3 u Liam :D

2f22aaa621fab6ad484c402cee519157.png

Edited by SockMonster

Bad conventions(not using finals, mine method is atRocks(), so on)

improper switch statements 

switch (s) {            case "Bank": {                Walking.walkPath(Walking.invertPath(PATH));                break;            }             case "Ghouls": {                Walking.walkPath(PATH);                break;            }             case "Blind Ghouls": {                Walking.walkPath(Walking.generateStraightPath(LOCATION));                break;            }             case "Blind Bank": {                Walking.walkPath(Walking.generateStraightPath(BANKTILE));                break;            } 

You do not need braces for what you're trying to do.

In matter of fact, you didn't need a method like that, it seems almost useless. It would been more simpler honestly to just do Walking.walkPath(Walking.generateStraightPath(BLIND_BANK));

redundant code (antiban1,antiban2) 

Not so different from your last application? Very inconsistent, some code have correct conventions, some don't.

Most of your methods should be in only one class or two class. It makes things neater and you don't have to keep copying and pasting it over.

I see potential though.

Edited by erickho123

Bad conventions(not using finals, mine method is atRocks(), so on)

improper switch statements 

switch (s) {            case "Bank": {                Walking.walkPath(Walking.invertPath(PATH));                break;            }             case "Ghouls": {                Walking.walkPath(PATH);                break;            }             case "Blind Ghouls": {                Walking.walkPath(Walking.generateStraightPath(LOCATION));                break;            }             case "Blind Bank": {                Walking.walkPath(Walking.generateStraightPath(BANKTILE));                break;            } 
redundant code (antiban1,antiban2) 

Not so different from your last application? Very inconsistent, some code have correct conventions, some don't.

Most of your methods should be in only one class or two class. It makes things neater and you don't have to keep copying and pasting it over.

I see potential though.

I think it is extremely important to factor in that conventions cease to matter the second they are stored in byte code. (for the most part)

"Beautiful code", especially since defined in the late 90's has changed a lot. Fast forward nearly 15 years,

with Moore's law and numerous Java developments, the most important aspect of conventions is ensuring

that any maintainers/assistant programmers be able to clearly understand your conventions.

In such a case, I would argue his code is certainly readable, and if I were asked to maintain I would be able to conform.

SockMonster has always been an extremely active member of this community. In addition he leverages his programming skills

to the best of his ability. It is obvious some members are able to program more fluently, however SockMonster always provides

a dependable script regardless of its level of difficulty. Personally I enjoy his AIO Walker, and AFKer. 

Some Points I would like to Touch on:

Ghouls Script:

You contentiously call on 

​Mouse.setSpeed(speed);  

You define speed:

public int speed = General.random(130, 145);

Haven't fully followed the logic, but appears to be modified after initialization by the GUI by the action listener of a button:

speed = mousespeed.getValue();

One obvious but minimal thing is why even give it a random value, if you are going to reassign it via the GUI.

In perspective this is absolutely nothing, however it is the repetitive calls to the Mouse class method setSpeed that worries me.

speed never changes after initialization/GUI alteration. So why do you continuously call it?

I believe you were under the impression that every call of speed, generated a new random value between 130 and 145?

I've prepared a sample script to demonstrate my point:

int TestInt = General.random(0, 100);	@Override        public void run() {		for(int i=0; i<50; i++){			println(TestInt);		}	}}

Output:

ccLvdVy.png

A Majority of your other issues can be found in the anti-ban:

You seem to organize your different anti bans into different functions for a few, but others you leave within 

your "antibanMain()" . Going of what erickho posted, I would make a clear distinction. Are these different anti bans unique

enough to extract to separate methods or should I keep them all within one anti-ban method (as suggested by Erichko).

I believe either one could be justified, but the current layout is far from optimal. I won't go through all of your antiban methods, but

one I think you might fine useful is the critique of your "tabswitching antiban"

switch (General.random(1, 10)) {             case 1: {                GameTab.open(GameTab.TABS.EQUIPMENT);                break;            }             case 2: {                GameTab.open(GameTab.TABS.FRIENDS);                break;            }             case 3: {                GameTab.open(GameTab.TABS.IGNORE);                break;            }             case 4: {                GameTab.open(GameTab.TABS.MAGIC);                break;            }             case 5: {                GameTab.open(GameTab.TABS.OPTIONS);                break;            }             case 6: {                GameTab.open(GameTab.TABS.QUESTS);                break;            }             case 7: {                GameTab.open(GameTab.TABS.PRAYERS);                break;            }             case 8: {                GameTab.open(GameTab.TABS.STATS);                break;            }             case 9: {                GameTab.open(GameTab.TABS.COMBAT);                break;            }             case 10: {                GameTab.open(GameTab.TABS.STATS);                break;            }        }

Can be replaced in a fraction of the lines:

public TABS randomTab(){	TABS[] tabValues = GameTab.TABS.values();	return tabValues[(int)(Math.random()*tabValues.length)];}
Edited by warfront1

I think it is extremely important to factor in that conventions cease to matter the second they are stored in byte code. (for the most part)

"Beautiful code", especially since defined in the late 90's has changed a lot. Fast forward nearly 15 years,

with Moore's law and numerous Java developments, the most important aspect of conventions is ensuring

that any maintainers/assistant programmers be able to clearly understand your conventions.

In such a case, I would argue his code is certainly readable, and if I were asked to maintain I would be able to conform.

SockMonster has always been an extremely active member of this community. In addition he leverages his programming skills

to the best of his ability. It is obvious some members are able to program more fluently, however SockMonster always provides

a dependable script regardless of its level of difficulty. Personally I enjoy his AIO Walker, and AFKer. 

I never said his code wasn't readable. He's not using a switch statement the way it should be used. Why make antiban1,antiban2 when you could just make one antiban method? It's more efficient / easier to manage this way. Just imagine what a huge project would look if he was to make it. It would look utterly cluttered and messy which could lead to other things such as problems to fixing it. Sure, he could do it that way, but I think if you want SW, you would make your code as neat as possible before applying for other users to review. That's why. He's using atRocks() to mine, that's very confusing.

This application, (code wise) is nearly as same as the one from last time. If this was to get accepted, i'd be surprised.

Yes, James have tons of potential and could do so much better, but as for now no, i don't think hes quite ready.

I enjoy his AIO walker, too but that doesn't mean he is ready.

Edited by erickho123

Once you change the stuff I mentioned to you over skype it's a yes from me. You've definitely come a long way as I still remember when you didn't know how to steal glasses of beer from a shelf :P:)

Changing to yes.

Code still needs some work (neater code NOW!), but at least hes trying + he has a basic understanding of the API. He edited his source code to reflect the suggestions given. 

Edited by erickho123

You've still got some issues. But you are definitely dedicated, I'm confident that you'll keep improving, it's a yes from me.

1 person likes this