Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
Usa

USA's Merchanter [Simple & Easy][15$]

Just wanted to say that a guy told me he scammed a merch bot off 100k+ nats. Not sure if it's this script... 

Been trying to recreate any problems with Buyin/sellin scams but I haven't succeded yet :/

I have yet to discover any methods of scamming as well, I do checks in the first and second window. It will only accept the trade if it is balanced or in your favor.

Well since I didn't see what happend I simply shared what I think happend.

I'm gonna try and replicate the problem later in a safe environment since I don't

feel like losing money because of testing.

Edit: On a side note. I think it's moving around to much. Sometimes the person who trades you moves away and you follow him and then you stand there which might result in that you move away from the spot where the item is bought/sold

So adding that it should stay at one spot (or atleast 3x3 sq) from the first position it start in would be good

It is currently set for a 3 tile distance, ill change it to 2.

Usa I got scammed around 3M and I'll explain in a little more detail on how it happened. I was selling oak planks in V West and a guy traded me. First he put up 600k and the bot put in the correct amount of planks. He then put more money in so the bot put in more planks. He did it one more time up to 3M and, just as the bot added more planks, quickly pulled the money and pressed accept. I was watching as the bot pressed accept and figured the second window check would prevent the trade being finalised. I was wrong :P

Hopefully that helps you out a bit.

I have tested this and it does not work, it is possible that additional sleep is required between the first and second window.. let me look into this.

running since the release of the beta selling only working perfect until it gets a random wich needs a click at the end.

will definitly be your first customer!!!

Have noticed this as well, I have added a "Click here to continue" which should click that so it doesn't get stuck.

Array

To those wondering You can't have the script ONLY buy. You must enter in some stuff in the selling section as well. For the advertisement I just repeated the advertisement for what I was buying below (Dragonhides all colors) and brought out 100 black knifes and said I was selling them for 1k each. 

Bot runs flawlessly, however, too much running around. Accidentally clicks when searching for people in high populated areas and when people trade. This becomes problematic because I buy on the edge of the bank so he wants to run inside or a couple tiles away sometimes. Perhaps add a failsafe to return to original tile that the bot began on post trade?

Been testing for a little, even tried scamming my own account. Didn't work (tried like 20times for failsafe). Went through all the methods people have reported. Thanks USA! I'll be buying :)

Yeah I tried scamming my account with lots of different methods and nothing worked but still there have been scam reports and numerous people have tried scamming me while I'm running a other merch script.

To those wondering You can't have the script ONLY buy. You must enter in some stuff in the selling section as well. For the advertisement I just repeated the advertisement for what I was buying below (Dragonhides all colors) and brought out 100 black knifes and said I was selling them for 1k each. 

Bot runs flawlessly, however, too much running around. Accidentally clicks when searching for people in high populated areas and when people trade. This becomes problematic because I buy on the edge of the bank so he wants to run inside or a couple tiles away sometimes. Perhaps add a failsafe to return to original tile that the bot began on post trade?

Is that right? That's incorrect on my part then, if you're just buying you should be able to just enter the buy information.. thanks for the report.

Uploading v.02

Includes...

- Click here to continue, for finishing all of those randoms

- Additional paint features/calculations

- Will move back to the start tile if more than 2 tiles away

- GUI changes, you can now just enter "Buy" information followed by "Add Item" without entering anything in the Sell section.

- Few other changes

EXACTLY what happened to me.

2 guys noticed my bot was for some reason paying 2x what i had it advertising..

1 guy put up a small amount of an item - the bot put up 2x the coins it was supposed to and accepted both screens.

he then told his friend i assume who came and traded me a very large amount of the same item - which the bot gladly paid double for again (this is when i noticed and hit stop ..after it accepted ofc -.-) 

i then see the 2 gentlemen standing off to the side saying things like the following

lololol share omg!!  buy more spend all ur gp and sell again hurry!

as for a detailed report that's as in depth as i can go..  i had it on for about 5-10mins and lost a bunch of gold because the bot paid 2x what it was supposed to.  (attn trolls: not mad/bitching, i'm reporting what happened so it can get fixed :))

were you merching dragon bones? lmao... funny me and a few others were talking about that today a bot messing up i will assume it was you? lol

I have a small little report. For you guys saying that your bot put in 2x gp that what you were buying is maybe because when you filled out the gui you added item more than once? happened to me. i hit add item like 10 times and it was about to pay  600k for 12 items i was buying. just a heads up. ive been watching it for a little now and its working well for me. thanks usa i will def buy it when it comes out.

He tried again to scam me and now i know. I was selling nats  for 215ea  had like 20k , he traded me puts like 20m and the bot showed all nats , now he puts 2.15m for 10k nats , bot puts 10k and then he removes cash till he has 215 gp , he repeats that 2-3 times till the bot accepted to 2nd screen , and then i manualy stopped the script.

If anyone can show me a scenario where there is a flaw in the bot, I will gladly fix it. Right now there's a lot of hypotheticals and it doesn't seem like anyone can recreate an issue or scam.

Well what everyone said is what is going on. It doesn't work everytime but appearently if you do it a lot of times it might work eventually since Bong Dreads have done it to a lot of people.

Rewrite the whole second confirmation stage or something? 

It's not hard to get passed the first window but the 2nd should have even more checks I guess.

Unfortunately I wont be able to test this because I don't feel safe using this script and since I got a somewhat working merch script im gonna use it instead.

Not that Im complaining, but here some more problems I have with the script:

-Decided to buy crystal keys/half of a key, but I couldn't select different prices for the loop/tooth so I ended up paying more for loops and too little for teeth. 

End result: 12 more loops than halfs after a couple hours. Changed my advertisement to only buying tooth half of keys, but still had a good amount of people trading me loop halves and now I was buying for even more.

Possible solution: Add an optional item id selection for multiple type items/hard to spell items/ect

-While buying crystal keys I ran into the problem of people trading me a lot of dragonstones even though I was clearly only buying keys. The problem here is that each trade has a minimum of staying up for 30 seconds and I feel as though this is pretty evident that its a bot since I'm not saying anything.

Possible Solution: Allow for trade timer to be lower (15-20 seconds) or have an option to immediately cancel the trade if unknown items are put up.

-Though I'm sure this would vastly increase the difficulty of scripting, I'd like for one more option for selling. I understand the problems this runs into due to the fact if you were selling one item for 2k and another item for 5k and someone put up 10k, the bot wouldn't know which item to put up. Additionally if someone wanted multiples of both items I believe the bot would be confused.

Sometimes I like selling potions while buying potion supplies so being able to sell energy potions and prayer potions would be awesome.

Possible solution: Have the bot put up the items and after 3-5 seconds if the other player didn't accept, remove the items and put up the other item.

Yeah this sounded a lot easier in my head, but hey... you gotta have goals moving forward.

-My scenario: I added something I wanted to buy and then realized I had mistyped the advertisement. I highlighted the buy option on the right side and deleted it and then retyped my advertisement and added it again. Before starting the script the right side refreshed and I saw I had two of the same item being bought

Possible solution: Add an option for removing or edit buy selections after adding them.

Will continue testing. I've tried recreating these scamming scenarios... I've watched on both screens and timed it exactly so that it would accept milliseconds after I accepted. I can nearly always make it to the second screen, but it pauses on the second screen and then declines. Im not sure how the earlier posters are getting scammed. If they are, I believe its due to multiple adding of the same item to buy as an earlier poster and I have suggested.

Will continue testing. I've tried recreating these scamming scenarios... I've watched on both screens and timed it exactly so that it would accept milliseconds after I accepted. I can nearly always make it to the second screen, but it pauses on the second screen and then declines. Im not sure how the earlier posters are getting scammed. If they are, I believe its due to multiple adding of the same item to buy as an earlier poster and I have suggested.

Many people have been scammed by selling their items and there is a reason why there is a few ppl still trying to scam bots... Because they know it's possible with one certain bot.

But I agree on the buying part (I've realised I made that mistake), from what I've seen it's a user error.

Many people have been scammed by selling their items and there is a reason why there is a few ppl still trying to scam bots... Because they know it's possible with one certain bot.

But I agree on the buying part (I've realised I made that mistake), from what I've seen it's a user error.

Everyone being scammed has one thing in common. Theyre selling high volume items in an area where its extremely evident you're botting. Most have been nature rune sellers. If its obvious you're trading with a script, then why not try and get one over on it? This is essentially the same with dragon bone sellers and dragonhide sellers. Im not saying don't bot where its evident you're botting (dragon slaying, hunting, nat selling, sudoku)... although this would make your life extremely easier and lower your ban chances significantly... I'm just saying maybe babysit the bot when you have millions at stake and what your doing has been a priority target of the ban hammer. (Theres a reason why most nat sellers are level 3-10)

Edited by molineau

I remember Twisted Mercher was impossible to scam , i tried like 100 methods all failed. Im not sure whats wrong with this one you definitely need to double check the value on the 2nd trade screen.

You tried 100 methods to scam? Maybe you mean 100 times, but even then I doubt you put that much effort into something.

None of you bother to read. This script is in beta. The owner wants us to give it a go on our own time, trying thousands of different variables that maybe he didn't take into account, then to report back with any problems, issues, or ways to improve the script. Most of you are leechers who wouldn't even have bothered to post until something went wrong and when you did post it was just "omgzz i got scamed man. Fix it. so broken. Ive had better merchant scripts. I can't risk using this"

No description of the problem. If you're going to leech on a beta script and then afk it, accept the risk. Accept the punishment.

You're lucky USA's patient with you 12 year olds. If it was me, I'd have the script run normally for 20 minutes and then have it go drop your bank for all the kids that don't watch the script and come here just to complain.

And no. I aint even mad.

Edit: Before anyone gets butthurt, this wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. Just a collective opinion of most posts over the last three pages.

Edited by molineau