Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mat

Want to start lifting, Dumbbell help all is appreciated.

8 posts in this topic

Hey, I want to get in to getting more muscle on my arms and I want to get a set of dumbbells but I have no clue what to get and which weights.

I'm 17, and have never lifted before.

I've been looking at this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dumbbells-5kg-10kg-15kg-20kg-Dumbbell-Set-Weight-Lifting-Fitness-Weights-/290940446601?pt=UK_Strength_Training&hash=item43bd66e789

But as I said I have no clue what is good. All help is appreciated :)

Matt

Just sign up to a local gym for a month and when you get in there make friends with the instructor and ask him to make you a routine for each day, follow it for a month and if the gym isn't your thing you don't have to carry on, the gym is better than standing in your house lifting dumbbells :)

I'd love to sign up for a gym but I feel intimidated, are there ways to have private sessions with instructors in some gyms?

Mat

I'd love to sign up for a gym but I feel intimidated, are there ways to have private sessions with instructors in some gyms?

Mat

Don't feel intimidated, most people won't even pay attention to you

Work on your core.

A stable body comes from your center outwards, your arms, your legs, your neck and your head all connect through your torso. Focus on your back and your front first, maintain good form and good posture. A dumbbell won't get you results if your core isn't engaged.

I'd recommend planking, squats, side bridges, dead bug exercise and stretching. A tight body isn't a healthy body. 

It is so much easier to get a gym membership. Gyms around my house are $10 / month...dirt cheap...

For routines, I HIGHLY reccommend a full body 3x a week split. If not that, at least an upper / lower body split. Do not do dumb bodypart bro-splits.

For exercises, you should only be doing compound movements. Bench press, overhead press, squat, deadlift, pullups, barbell rows. You need nothing else to build an aesthetic body. Get your form down early by looking at videos so you don't hurt yourself.

Good luck...

myself and a mate started bodybuilding a year ago ish (never done it before), myself after an operation and physiotherapy so being injired attracted more attension but it was best thing i have done, don't be worried about other people and focus on yourself , if you still want private sessions i will inbox you some info

It is so much easier to get a gym membership. Gyms around my house are $10 / month...dirt cheap...

For routines, I HIGHLY reccommend a full body 3x a week split. If not that, at least an upper / lower body split. Do not do dumb bodypart bro-splits.

For exercises, you should only be doing compound movements. Bench press, overhead press, squat, deadlift, pullups, barbell rows. You need nothing else to build an aesthetic body. Get your form down early by looking at videos so you don't hurt yourself.

Good luck...

yeah,i think it's good