Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TRiLeZ

TRiBot Beta 7.40_0

83 posts in this topic

I am very grateful for the hard work Trilez does and I agree with 99% of his decisions. He is smarter than me and I respect him greatly. However I just can't understand why he is forcing this Positionable change, surely we should still have the option to use RSTile if we wish? (it is only deprecated at the moment, but soon it will be removed fully)

Old code was like:

RSTile.distanceTo(tile) // <- this will break your script, and give an error since it has been/will be removed soon
New code is like:

RSTile.distanceTo(positionable) // <- now forced to use this
Why did Trilez make this change? I actually have no idea, I personally thought it was more logical to make .distanceTo use "tiles", I felt the new Positionable position interface object is kind of pointless tinkering - like "if it aint broke dont fix it". I think it was a bad move to remove the (tile) option, to force people to use the new Positionable position, they should have left the (tile) option in so that people can choose and so that existing scripts do not break.

Also why did he call it (Positionable position)? It would have been more logical to call it "Position". Either "(Position position)", or "(Positionable positionable)". But what he did was a mix and match of both of them (Positionable position). I think this was a bad choice of names. And blocking the option for people to use (RSTile) that don't want to use Positionable was also a bad choice (in my opinion)

(This is all just my opinion and most people think that the new Positionable change is good. I am just wondering why it was done? And why was the option for us to use RSTile forcefully removed)

RSTile implements Positionable

RSCharacter/RSNPC/RSPlayer implements Positionable

RSObject implements Positionable

So,

RSTile tile = ...;RSTile tile2 = ...;RSObject object = ...;tile.distanceTo(tile2);//<- Workstile.distanceTo(object);//<- Also workstile.distanceTo(object.getPosition());//<- Works the same as above.
All you have to do is make sure the TRiBot jar is up to date, refresh the java project, then re-compile your scripts.
1 person likes this

All you have to do is make sure the TRiBot jar is up to date, refresh the java project, then re-compile your scripts.

The downside is that all old scripts now stopped working :/

RSTile implements Positionable

RSCharacter/RSNPC/RSPlayer implements Positionable

RSObject implements Positionable

So,

RSTile tile = ...;RSTile tile2 = ...;RSObject object = ...;tile.distanceTo(tile2);//<- Workstile.distanceTo(object);//<- Also workstile.distanceTo(object.getPosition());//<- Works the same as above.

Ah I see, thanks for answering.

It seems like a very good change and my initial post was wrong.

Thanks Trilez :)

4aVM1.png

Tribot is 100% safe and secure. AVG is not very good, it sometimes says things are a virus when they are not. Why does it do that? It's called a "false positive".

What tribot does is some sort of exploit to monitor the OpenGL data of the runescape applet in order to allow you to script. This behaviour in Tribot is normal and 100% safe and what we want.

AVG is flagging it because some viruses will change/spy on data without you knowing, which is why Tribot (the safe and good software) is getting flagged for a "false positive" for acting in a way that some viruses might act. Rest assured that Tribot is 100% safe.

You can add "Tribot.jar" to your AVG exceptions list, so that AVG is still active it will just ignore Tribot.jar (since it's safe).

If you can't do that, it won't work, or you can't figure it out, then just disable/close AVG while you use Tribot.

I use BitDefender, it is arguably one of the best antiviruses+antispyware+firewall all in one. (I would say its the best, other people might disagree but they would definitely agree it's in the top 3). You might want to consider uninstalling AVG, and getting BitDefender 30 day trial, just to see if you like it.

BitDefender reports no problem with Tribot.jar.

this update sucks, nearly double the Pc usage is used now, i can only run 3 bots instead of 5 now.
it seems the login screen holds all the cpu usage and ingame it holds barely anything. could there possibly be an update to fix this soon?
its really letting me down, thanks

^ I am still getting my scripts to work, can't even run one.

this update sucks, nearly double the Pc usage is used now, i can only run 3 bots instead of 5 now.
it seems the login screen holds all the cpu usage and ingame it holds barely anything. could there possibly be an update to fix this soon?
its really letting me down, thanks

look at this uage 1 account is logged in and the other 2 just suck all the cpu when logging in. its ridiculous, definately needs a fix :(

post-10559-0-93124000-1377571820_thumb.j

Edited by gooman

not sure what happened

but i ended up in lumby from evil chicken.

didn't lose much, just wondering if the evil chicken needed to be updated o.0

13:29:43] Starting TRiBot Loader.
[13:29:44] TRiBot Loader Release 1.66 is up-to-date.
[13:29:45] Attempting to launch TRiBot.
[13:32:16] Java JRE Home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7.
[13:32:16] Using "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" to boot TRiBot.
[13:36:14] TRiBot Loader has finished it's process, but some errors have occurred.

the reasons why scripts dont work, is because settins hooks were broken by the latest rsupdate, now trilez knows about this so be patient