Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TRiLeZ

TRiBot Beta 7.40_0

83 posts in this topic

I really appreciate these updates (In fact, they are awesome). However, you've deprecated a lot of methods. I have over 1000 instances of using deprecated methods among all my scripts, now. 

How long do you plan on keeping these deprecated methods? I don't know about others, but I would definitely appreciate them being kept indefinitely. Updating over 1000 lines of code one-by-one and doing small reworks for every one of my scripts adds a lot to my to-do list, especially when most of the scripts work very efficiently already. 

Thanks for the updates :D

Can you post the code snippet and the situation that is causing this?

I found that item definitions werent working. Firstly I hadn't declared the import. But even after that the item definition was not working directly after login. So I just put a sleep(1000) after it does the login Extra time then the item definition worked perfectly.

private boolean eatFood(){    RSItem[] food = Inventory.find(Data.FOOD_ID);    if (food != null && food.length > 0){        RSItemDefinition def = food[0].getDefinition();        if (def != null){            int startHP = Skills.getCurrentLevel("Hitpoints");            if (food[0].click("Eat")){                println("Eating " + def.getName() + ".");                long t = markTime();                while(Timing.timeFromMark(t) < randomRange(5000, 6000)){                    sleep(100);                    if (Skills.getCurrentLevel("Hitpoints") > startHP){                        println("Successfully ate " + def.getName() + ".");                        sleep(1000, 1500);                        return true;                    }                }                println("Failed to eat " + def.getName() + ".");                return true;            }        } else            println("Food def null pointer.");    } else        println("No food found.");    return false;}

It finds the food then it debugs "Food def null pointer".

It happens very rarely though.

Edited by Shatterhand

So Banking.openBank will even walk into bank if not in?

Yes it does, I told you this on Skype already lol. Come on dude I always tell you stuff on Skype and then you ask that question again on the forum, like the information aint going in.

It finds the food then it debugs "Food def null pointer".

It happens very rarely though.

Thanks for posting that dude, I have done some of my own tests and I've found that you are right. RSItemDefinition works most of the time, but rarely it returns null.

I have sent a short Private Message to Trilez about it, and I have made a thread detailing the issue in the Client Bugs section. I have updated the thread with your issue and also your code Shatterhand, I hope you don't mind: https://tribot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/19461-bug-with-new-class-rsitemdefinition/

Combat.isUnderAttack() seems to be mixed up. If the player is actually in combat it returns as false, and if not it returns true.

Edited by arckos

So Banking.openBank will even walk into bank if not in?

it will walk into the bank if directly outside of it but if not it could still potentially walk to the bank but the astarwalk method wasn't intended for that.

Yes it does, I told you this on Skype already lol. Come on dude I always tell you stuff on Skype and then you ask that question again on the forum, like the information aint going in.

Try remembering conversations when you have 1200 contacts. Tbh I had no clue what you were talking about. At the time I wasn't aware that there was a new openBank method for the regular Banking class. I thought you were referring to WebWalking's openBank method.

Edited by KMJT

GUYS, my scripts dont work at all. 

Whenever i run a plain script it just stops.

Even Exloader/Devloader.

Edited by zdogg

• New: Positionable API interface
    • All objects which you can get a tile position for now implement this interface. Most - if not all - methods which used to accept RSTile now accept Positionable instead.

Scripters: Please update your scripts so that they don't use any deprecated methods. When the deprecated methods are removed, scripts will have to be updated or re-compiled (if they use the methods).

So you guys decided to break code that may not be being worked on anymore? My favorite script is a script that doesn't have anyone updating it. The way I've kept it running is by changing a few IDs now and again in the byte code. Now I won't be able to use it.

[17:06:12] Starting client.

[17:07:16] Downloading script 'ftwAIO Fisher Lite'.

[17:07:18] Script Started: ftwAIO Fisher Lite.

[17:07:20] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: Login Bot started!

[17:07:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: Login Bot succeeded.

[17:07:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: Welcome to the CatherbyFisher

[17:07:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish LOBSTERS Start with LOBSTER POT in INVENTORY

[17:07:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish TUNA/SWORDFISH Or SHARKS Start with HARPOON in INVENTORY

[17:07:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish ANCHOVIES/SHRIMP Start with SMALL NET in INVENTORY

[17:07:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish HARRING/SARDINES Start with BAIT and FISHING POLE in INVENTORY

[17:07:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish TROUT/SALMON Start with FEATHERS and FLY FISHING POLE in INVENTORY

[17:07:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish BASS/COD/MACKEREL Start with BIG FISHING NET in INVENTORY

[17:07:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish LEAPING FISH Start with BARBARIAN ROD in INVENTORY

[17:07:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: Script by: NewBotterFTW      Co-Scripter: HanSolo726

[17:07:32] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.tribot.api2007.types.RSTile.distanceTo(Lorg/tribot/api2007/types/RSTile;)I

[17:07:32] at scripts.fisher.fisherliteRepo.ALLATORI_DEMO(fisherliteRepo.java:1388)

[17:07:32] at scripts.fisher.fisherliteRepo.e(fisherliteRepo.java:260)

[17:07:32] at scripts.fisher.fisherliteRepo.run(fisherliteRepo.java:1428)

[17:07:32] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[17:07:32] Script Ended: ftwAIO Fisher Lite.

[17:08:26] Downloading script 'ftwAIO Fisher Lite'.

[17:08:28] Script Started: ftwAIO Fisher Lite.

[17:08:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: Welcome to the CatherbyFisher

[17:08:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish LOBSTERS Start with LOBSTER POT in INVENTORY

[17:08:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish TUNA/SWORDFISH Or SHARKS Start with HARPOON in INVENTORY

[17:08:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish ANCHOVIES/SHRIMP Start with SMALL NET in INVENTORY

[17:08:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish HARRING/SARDINES Start with BAIT and FISHING POLE in INVENTORY

[17:08:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish TROUT/SALMON Start with FEATHERS and FLY FISHING POLE in INVENTORY

[17:08:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish BASS/COD/MACKEREL Start with BIG FISHING NET in INVENTORY

[17:08:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish LEAPING FISH Start with BARBARIAN ROD in INVENTORY

[17:08:32] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: Script by: NewBotterFTW      Co-Scripter: HanSolo726

[17:08:32] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.tribot.api2007.types.RSTile.distanceTo(Lorg/tribot/api2007/types/RSTile;)I

[17:08:32] at scripts.fisher.fisherliteRepo.ALLATORI_DEMO(fisherliteRepo.java:1388)

[17:08:32] at scripts.fisher.fisherliteRepo.e(fisherliteRepo.java:260)

[17:08:32] at scripts.fisher.fisherliteRepo.run(fisherliteRepo.java:1428)

[17:08:32] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[17:08:32] Script Ended: ftwAIO Fisher Lite.

[17:09:03] Downloading script 'ftwAIO Fisher Lite'.

[17:09:05] Script Started: ftwAIO Fisher Lite.

[17:09:10] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: Welcome to the CatherbyFisher

[17:09:10] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish LOBSTERS Start with LOBSTER POT in INVENTORY

[17:09:10] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish TUNA/SWORDFISH Or SHARKS Start with HARPOON in INVENTORY

[17:09:10] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish ANCHOVIES/SHRIMP Start with SMALL NET in INVENTORY

[17:09:10] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish HARRING/SARDINES Start with BAIT and FISHING POLE in INVENTORY

[17:09:10] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish TROUT/SALMON Start with FEATHERS and FLY FISHING POLE in INVENTORY

[17:09:10] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish BASS/COD/MACKEREL Start with BIG FISHING NET in INVENTORY

[17:09:10] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: To Fish LEAPING FISH Start with BARBARIAN ROD in INVENTORY

[17:09:10] ftwAIO Fisher Lite: Script by: NewBotterFTW      Co-Scripter: HanSolo726

[17:09:10] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.tribot.api2007.types.RSTile.distanceTo(Lorg/tribot/api2007/types/RSTile;)I

[17:09:10] at scripts.fisher.fisherliteRepo.ALLATORI_DEMO(fisherliteRepo.java:1388)

[17:09:10] at scripts.fisher.fisherliteRepo.e(fisherliteRepo.java:260)

[17:09:10] at scripts.fisher.fisherliteRepo.run(fisherliteRepo.java:1428)

[17:09:10] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[17:09:10] Script Ended: ftwAIO Fisher Lite.

Yeah, that's cool. I'm sure I can find time to fix thousands of errors between classes and also make sure my premium scripts are being updated.

Seriously, though. You can't just delete the most used method of all time "distanceTo()".

2 people like this

Yeah, that's cool. I'm sure I can find time to fix thousands of errors between classes and also make sure my premium scripts are being updated. Seriously, though. You can't just delete the most used method of all time "distanceTo()".

Yeah, im hoping in the next few days i can see why this update was made.

I m saying to myself why is everything broke the same day that fagex mods are on a ban spree?

I am very grateful for the hard work Trilez does and I agree with 99% of his decisions. He is smarter than me and I respect him greatly. However I just can't understand why he is forcing this Positionable change, surely we should still have the option to use RSTile if we wish? (it is only deprecated at the moment, but soon it will be removed fully)

Old code was like:

RSTile.distanceTo(tile) // <- this will break your script, and give an error since it has been/will be removed soon

New code is like:

RSTile.distanceTo(positionable) // <- now forced to use this

Why did Trilez make this change? I actually have no idea, I personally thought it was more logical to make .distanceTo use "tiles", I felt the new Positionable position interface object is kind of pointless tinkering - like "if it aint broke dont fix it". I think it was a bad move to remove the (tile) option, to force people to use the new Positionable position, they should have left the (tile) option in so that people can choose and so that existing scripts do not break.

Also why did he call it (Positionable position)? It would have been more logical to call it "Position". Either "(Position position)", or "(Positionable positionable)". But what he did was a mix and match of both of them (Positionable position). I think this was a bad choice of names. And blocking the option for people to use (RSTile) that don't want to use Positionable was also a bad choice (in my opinion)

(This is all just my opinion and most people think that the new Positionable change is good. I am just wondering why it was done? And why was the option for us to use RSTile forcefully removed)

Edited by MegaMan_Alpha
1 person likes this

I agree with Badonde.

He/she raises a clever concern!

I also want to know the answer to his/her question!

Now we all have to wait for every script writer to update their script which usually is every day if their capable.

Right now ive wasted a whole day bot-less?

ALL SCRIPTS NOT WORKING, DUE TO THE TRIBOT UPDATE?

when will this be fixed? or more or less, when will the script writers log intot heir business remote from their Pc and fix this so their customers who payed well deserved money can get their services backl? :)

I understand its sunday, and everyones entitled to a social life, but a whole entire day, without logging into TRIBOT to check up on anything?! WTH

Im dying here guys

ALL SCRIPTS NOT WORKING, DUE TO THE TRIBOT UPDATE?

when will this be fixed? or more or less, when will the script writers log intot heir business remote from their Pc and fix this so their customers who payed well deserved money can get their services backl? :)

I understand its sunday, and everyones entitled to a social life, but a whole entire day, without logging into TRIBOT to check up on anything?! WTH

Im dying here guys

the script that i am using works.

i click start script no scripts come up any1 else having this issue?

Edited by AK47z