Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Skiller

how to really loose fat, macro-nutrient guide, counting calories is BS

33 posts in this topic

what the title says.....

about me...

im a personal trainer, reps level 3 qualifed and i have completed 3 times now.

heres some info on how to loose fat whilst preserving muscle

you need to base your diet on your daily macronutrient needs for example how much protein, carbs, fats you need through out the day, calories in and calories out dont mean shit, its where the calories come from that matter for example the goverment advice to eat 2500 kcals a day ish, if a personal was to eat 2500 calories of chocolate and another person consumed 2500 calories of meat you think they would look the same ? fuck no ! the thing is to loose weight calories dont really matter just find a good macronutrient calc like this one http://www.muscletech.com/resources/tools/calculators/protein.shtml that will tell you how much protein you need per day, always keep this number the same as what it says so you done loose any muscle when dieting down, the simple thing is just keep this number at what it says and reduce your carbs to under 50g a day, increase your fats as your decrease carbs around the 100-150g mark (through nuts, fish, oils and what not) and see how much weight you loose in a week, if you dont loose any or you end up gaining weight try reducing the carbs to 25g, i can assure you, you will loose weight this way and its the smartest way to do it, people who crash down to 1800 calories usually cut all there food equally but this is NOT the way to do it as your muscles dont have the amount of protein required to fuel and repair them, right i think thats diet covered now onto training !!.

basically for training you want to be aiming for atleast 20-40 mins a cardio a day, such a incline walking on a treadmill, swimming, jumping rope, nothing too intense because your going to be doing alot of it !!

also WEIGHT TRAINING !! try to use compound lifts 3 times a week because they will expend (burn) the highest amount of calories and will also help masisvly to preseve/build muscle whilst you are dieting down, so exercises like deadlifts, squats, bench press, shoulder military press, lunges, bent of rows, all those big bad boy exercises will keep you going strong.....

anyway i hope i have helped you out bro :)

if you need any more advice on nutrition, training, diet plans, motivation or just a chat please feel free to add my skype which is in my sig below.

When lowering your carbs to 50/day don't you think you should raise your fat intake? (good fats) Otherwise aren't you just burning muscle?

yes to an extent but if your protein intake is high enough and your doing compound lifts you wont go catabolic anyway dude

yes to an extent but if your protein intake is high enough and your doing compound lifts you wont go catabolic anyway dude

You can only eat so much chicken breast D:

protein shakes, tuna, nuts, steak, chicken...... the list goes on

try eating beef steak mince u can make burgers with it bolognaise all sorts

as for chicken try frying in a small amount of butter and putting bread crums on them (never gets boring)

protein shakes, tuna, nuts, steak, chicken...... the list goes on

try eating beef steak mince u can make burgers with it bolognaise all sorts

as for chicken try frying in a small amount of butter and putting bread crums on them (never gets boring)

Tuna has a fairly high protein/fat ratio unless you get the 98% fat free or whatever, nuts are high fat and steak is too, sticking to 20-30 grams of fat a day would be pretty hard. One of my favourite easy to make chicken recipes is to get 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk them, cut chicken breast into slices then flour them, put into the egg then into bread crumbs, put in a flour tortilla with lettuce, tomato etc.

20-30g of fat was just a starting point bro, obviously the more you restrict your carbs the more u increase your fat intake, but protein intake is key

Yeah fair enough, people have to understand the macros are going to be different if you're 120lb or 220lb aswell

yes thats a fair point, i would recommend doing some google searching for calc :) www.bodybuilding.com has man

yes thats a fair point, i would recommend doing some google searching for calc :) www.bodybuilding.com has man

Already registered there ;)

good lad :) think we should confer on skype add me bro its in my sig

If I had skype I would :P Is it worth getting?

yeah man really worth getting 80% of the runescape community have skype haha

Lower carbs to an extremely unhealthy level of 50g a day? Lower fats to 20-30g per day? Where are the studies backing this information up because I know tons of people that compete that don't even go this low because even cutting on 40g for a while is unhealthy. Are you aware of the metabolic damage that occurs eating this low? I'm a certified personal trainer myself by 3 of the top companies in the US, and compete, and this just looks outrageous to me.

tbh you should correct it.. if your carbs are low which 50g is quite low.. keto diet is having under 30g carbs a day.. you should raise your fats up to 60g a day mate.. lol, as a "PT" youshould know that..

Lower carbs to an extremely unhealthy level of 50g a day? Lower fats to 20-30g per day? Where are the studies backing this information up because I know tons of people that compete that don't even go this low because even cutting on 40g for a while is unhealthy. Are you aware of the metabolic damage that occurs eating this low? I'm a certified personal trainer myself by 3 of the top companies in the US, and compete, and this just looks outrageous to me.

never heard of ketosis ? pretty much 0 carbs

yeah man really worth getting 80% of the runescape community have skype haha

Made one, added ya

tbh you should correct it.. if your carbs are low which 50g is quite low.. keto diet is having under 30g carbs a day.. you should raise your fats up to 60g a day mate.. lol, as a "PT" youshould know that..

haha corrected buddy ! didnt mean to have that low fats lmao was meant to be a 1 infront !!! add me on skype dude its in my sig

So you suggest keto to everyone? Okay... to his her own but it's a hell of a lot harder to get someone on keto and stick to it than a normal diet with no extra results or anything.

As an experienced personal trainer, trust me on this one. Clients already don't want to work out and watch their diet, 0 carbs is not what they want to hear.

So you suggest keto to everyone? Okay... to his her own but it's a hell of a lot harder to get someone on keto and stick to it than a normal diet with no extra results or anything.

As an experienced personal trainer, trust me on this one. Clients already don't want to work out and watch their diet, 0 carbs is not what they want to hear.

no it was just a suggestion of where low carbs are implanted.....

Yeah and I understand that, but at the end of the day, it's all about getting your client or even yourself to practice program adherence and stick to the program.

Yeah and I understand that, but at the end of the day, it's all about getting your client or even yourself to practice program adherence and stick to the program.

dude im offering some free advice to the community im not looking to expand my client base or to sell any information im just trying to help.

Why people would take advise from someone who doesn’t seem to even know what anabolism/catabolism is, being "catabolic" means there will be a breakdown of protein/fats/carbs (not in any particular order), so if you are on a calorie deficit, you will be obviously catabolic and you obviously want to be catabolic, because otherwise you won’t be using any fat or any anything as energy and always on a deficit you are risking to breakdown muscle (even on a moderate deficit), really it’s not even funny when people give advice out of their asses, you can make people waste their time and damage their metabolisms "reps level 3 qualified" lmao, if anyone wants advice, don’t ask from Op he is blatantly ignorant on the subject.

http://www.jissn.com

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed

www.alanaragon.com

And if you are still going to recommend keto for everyone at least guide them to someone that really knows what it involves.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

Better read than follow retarded advise/thread.

Also inb4 butthurt people.

bro , can you tell me how to get cheap protein ? I live in the Netherlands and meat, tuna everything is fucking expensive