Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skiller

The basics of weight loss (fat loss) dont believe everything you hear !

3 posts in this topic

i replied to a topic about intermittent fasting, my reply contained alot of information so i decided i will make a thread and paste the important parts in here, thanks :)

Im a fully qualified advanced personal trainer and also registered

you need to base your diet on your daily macronutrient needs for example how much protein, carbs, fats you need through out the day, calories in and calories out dont mean shit, its where the calories come from that matter for example the goverment advice to eat 2500 kcals a day ish, if a personal was to eat 2500 calories of chocolate and another person consumed 2500 calories of meat you think they would look the same ? fuck no ! the thing is to loose weight calories dont really matter just find a good macronutrient calc like this one http://www.muscletech.com/resources/tools/calculators/protein.shtml that will tell you how much protein you need per day, always keep this number the same as what it says so you done loose any muscle when dieting down, the simple thing is just keep this number at what it says and reduce your carbs to under 50g a day, keep your fats at 20-30g (through nuts, fish, oils and what not) and see how much weight you loose in a week, if you dont loose any or you end up gaining weight try reducing the carbs to 25g, i can assure you, you will loose weight this way and its the smartest way to do it, people who crash down to 1800 calories usually cut all there food equally but this is NOT the way to do it as your muscles dont have the amount of protein required to fuel and repair them, right i think thats diet covered now onto training !!.

basically for training you want to be aiming for atleast 20-40 mins a cardio a day, such a incline walking on a treadmill, swimming, jumping rope, nothing too intense because your going to be doing alot of it !!

also WEIGHT TRAINING !! try to use compound lifts 3 times a week because they will expend (burn) the highest amount of calories and will also help masisvly to preseve/build muscle whilst you are dieting down, so exercises like deadlifts, squats, bench press, shoulder military press, lunges, bent of rows, all those big bad boy exercises will keep you going strong.....

anyway i hope i have helped you out bro :)

if you need any more advice on nutrition, training, diet plans, motivation or just a chat please feel free to add my skype which is in my sig below.

Nice guide :P. I would like to add that the most important thing to remember when dieting is to keep your carbs DOWN! That will condition your body to start using up its fat reserves instead of using the carbs you eat. Also remember, carbs are digested the same way sugars are! All carbs are sugars just in a more complex form! Good luck to anybody out there trying to either lose weight or start cutting!

It's not even that expensive! Surely, and ironically, you've made enough money from your payment authentication system to support such a purchase. Also, you should share your creations here! I'd be interested to see what you've made. Good luck with the search :)