Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GinoD94

Intermittent Fasting

16 posts in this topic

Oh gawd this diet is crazy.. looking to hit 7 percent bodyfat by summer...

i will develop this thread as time goes along.

been on this diet for quite a while aha, I have had alotta cheat days.. feelsbadman.jpg

my eating window is usually 12-4.. so 4 hours of eating! i intake around 1.8k cals which gives me a decent caloric defict

so i wanted to know..anyother brahs on this diet?

been on this diet for quite a while aha, I have had alotta cheat days.. feelsbadman.jpg

my eating window is usually 12-4.. so 4 hours of eating! i intake around 1.8k cals which gives me a decent caloric defict

I did that exact same diet for a while. 4 hours window 1.8k total kcal, never noticed any extra fat loss. Coach got me cutting on a around 2.45k cals right now? Cheat days = no thanks jeff why so many brah?

I did that exact same diet for a while. 4 hours window 1.8k total kcal, never noticed any extra fat loss. Coach got me cutting on a around 2.45k cals right now? Cheat days = no thanks jeff why so many brah?

So you're saying Intermittent Fasting doesn't work? I was planning to try it out when I cut in 6 months or so.

So you're saying Intermittent Fasting doesn't work? I was planning to try it out when I cut in 6 months or so.

Everything works as long as at the end of the day your calories in vs calories out numbers are correct. Go ahead and try it out when you cut. In mine and tons of others opinions, it's just an eating protocol for those who don't have the time or choose not to eat throughout the day and prefer to eat within a timed window. But much like carbs post workout, fst-7 among other things, IF is a "special" method developed by Martin to seperate him from other trainers and add something special as to why people would need him and his methods.

Everything works as long as at the end of the day your calories in vs calories out numbers are correct. Go ahead and try it out when you cut. In mine and tons of others opinions, it's just an eating protocol for those who don't have the time or choose not to eat throughout the day and prefer to eat within a timed window. But much like carbs post workout, fst-7 among other things, IF is a "special" method developed by Martin to seperate him from other trainers and add something special as to why people would need him and his methods.

Thanks for the reply, I probably will try it out, in a couple months though. May have to get some BCAA's as I've heard they stop you feeling as sick when working out on empty stomach?

right dude first of all your looking good so far, i would recommend providing us or me with a copy of your diet plan, you need to base your diet on your daily macronutrient needs for example how much protein, carbs, fats you need through out the day, calories in and calories out dont mean shit, its where the calories come from that matter for example the goverment advice to eat 2500 kcals a day ish, if a personal was to eat 2500 calories of chocolate and another person consumed 2500 calories of meat you think they would look the same ? fuck no ! the thing is to loose weight calories dont really matter just find a good macronutrient calc like this one http://www.muscletech.com/resources/tools/calculators/protein.shtml that will tell you how much protein you need per day, always keep this number the same as what it says so you done loose any muscle when dieting down, the simple thing is just keep this number at what it says and reduce your carbs to under 50g a day, keep your fats at 20-30g (through nuts, fish, oils and what not) and see how much weight you loose in a week, if you dont loose any or you end up gaining weight try reducing the carbs to 25g, i can assure you, you will loose weight this way and its the smartest way to do it, people who crash down to 1800 calories usually cut all there food equally but this is NOT the way to do it as your muscles dont have the amount of protein required to fuel and repair them, right i think thats diet covered now onto training !!.

basically for training you want to be aiming for atleast 20-40 mins a cardio a day, such a incline walking on a treadmill, swimming, jumping rope, nothing too intense because your going to be doing alot of it !!

also WEIGHT TRAINING !! try to use compound lifts 3 times a week because they will expend (burn) the highest amount of calories and will also help masisvly to preseve/build muscle whilst you are dieting down, so exercises like deadlifts, squats, bench press, shoulder military press, lunges, bent of rows, all those big bad boy exercises will keep you going strong.....

anyway i hope i have helped you out bro :)

if you need any more advice on nutrition, training, diet plans, motivation or just a chat please feel free to add my skype which is in my sig below.

you sure you didnt notice any good fat loss? damn i do!, did you stick to the 4 hour window so you only had water or sugerfree drinks during the fast?..

omg coahces sometimes dont know shit srs, 2.45k cals to cut will be so damn slow maybe even a bulk depending on your metabolic rate..

give 1.6k cal defict a go.. and tell me how it goes? or mix IF up with keto :D

right dude first of all your looking good so far, i would recommend providing us or me with a copy of your diet plan, you need to base your diet on your daily macronutrient needs for example how much protein, carbs, fats you need through out the day, calories in and calories out dont mean shit, its where the calories come from that matter for example the goverment advice to eat 2500 kcals a day ish, if a personal was to eat 2500 calories of chocolate and another person consumed 2500 calories of meat you think they would look the same ? fuck no ! the thing is to loose weight calories dont really matter just find a good macronutrient calc like this one http://www.muscletech.com/resources/tools/calculators/protein.shtml that will tell you how much protein you need per day, always keep this number the same as what it says so you done loose any muscle when dieting down, the simple thing is just keep this number at what it says and reduce your carbs to under 50g a day, keep your fats at 20-30g (through nuts, fish, oils and what not) and see how much weight you loose in a week, if you dont loose any or you end up gaining weight try reducing the carbs to 25g, i can assure you, you will loose weight this way and its the smartest way to do it, people who crash down to 1800 calories usually cut all there food equally but this is NOT the way to do it as your muscles dont have the amount of protein required to fuel and repair them, right i think thats diet covered now onto training !!.

basically for training you want to be aiming for atleast 20-40 mins a cardio a day, such a incline walking on a treadmill, swimming, jumping rope, nothing too intense because your going to be doing alot of it !!

also WEIGHT TRAINING !! try to use compound lifts 3 times a week because they will expend (burn) the highest amount of calories and will also help masisvly to preseve/build muscle whilst you are dieting down, so exercises like deadlifts, squats, bench press, shoulder military press, lunges, bent of rows, all those big bad boy exercises will keep you going strong.....

anyway i hope i have helped you out bro :)

if you need any more advice on nutrition, training, diet plans, motivation or just a chat please feel free to add my skype which is in my sig below.

thanks for that advice but my routine, diet plans are alot more advanced. I am here to help people out i know alotta things which can help the newbies out.. no need for you to help me :P i dont have the qualifications but i sure have the experience.

you sure you didnt notice any good fat loss? damn i do!, did you stick to the 4 hour window so you only had water or sugerfree drinks during the fast?..

omg coahces sometimes dont know shit srs, 2.45k cals to cut will be so damn slow maybe even a bulk depending on your metabolic rate..

give 1.6k cal defict a go.. and tell me how it goes? or mix IF up with keto :D

using extreme deficits will lead to too much muscle loss... 2.45k has me losing 1lb+ per week because of my total energy expedenture through cardio and weight training... if they didnt know anything why would competitors need them?

Of course I noticed good fat loss cus my macros were on point. Was it extremely good compared to what I'm doing now at 2.45k? Nope. Do I enjoy life a lot more eating at 2.45k? Yes.

IF is one of the best diets out there along with keto.. give it a go, if you stick to it you wont be disappointed..

IF is one of the best diets out there along with keto.. give it a go, if you stick to it you wont be disappointed..

Bodycomposition wise... how is IF a different diet then if you consume 2.45k calories in your window, vs me consuming 2.45k throughout the day?

I understand keto is a different way to approach things too but you have to understand keto is extremely huge because people like to look lean 24/7 and keto has the body in a flat state through the whole day because of the lack of carbs

This is my teammate under the same coach... http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTigerFitness

Interview with my coach: http://www.shreddednation.com/john-otis-hollywood-interview/

I rather be coached by http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/, but anyways, IF is not a diet, is just a timframe of eating, and at the end of the day as long as you get your required calories to gain or lose weight, you will be fine, it can be done in 1 meal or in 1947139473 meals, it doesn't matter, and also i tried the U.D. by Lyle and tbh i rather have more carbs on a regular basis, than deplete glycogen with long ass workouts, not fun.

I've tried intermediate fasting, but i'm a fat guy inside lol.

Right now I'm trying to cut to 8-10% for summer. My meal plan is 3 solid meals a day (10 egg whites, Salmon followed by tuna sandwiches) with a protien shake an hour after each solid meal, and after I work out. Taakeing in around 1.6-7kc a day, depending on the bread I use.

Calories in and out mean nothing. The key to weight loss/cutting is high fats, proteins and low carbs. Also known as a 'keto' diet. I've consumed over 4000 calories a day doing this diet and my body fat % never increased. I'm not a naturally skinny as a rail guy so its not just my metabolism. Its really effective over any other diet because while eating very little carbs you really CANT gain body fat. You get fat by eating carbs and sugars. Carbs and sugars are basically the same thing because carbs once inside the body convert to sugars. Also you don't have to starve yourself and you get to eat a lot!

Tap is a retard and mostlikely a minion of Gary Taubes, calories in and out means everything, know anything about basic physics and the laws of thermodynamics?

Also Novo lipogenesis (convertion of sugar to fat tissue) is extremely rare in humans, most studies are done in mice.

Carbs convert to sugars?, Them are converted to glucose, primary fuel for High intensity training, you barely see any real elite athlete doing retarded keto diets.

Starving yourself? Lmao im cutting with 350gr ch/200 gr p/65 f, per day and 450 ch on refeed day and still losing around 1 lb per week at 9% bf, go read some books you retard.

Also if you do reasearch, something i doubt by the amount of retarded sht you just posted, you would see that as long as the body is on a surplus you will gain weight no matter what, go eat 10k cals worth of fat and you will gain fat you silly uneducated moron.

inb4 even more butthurt uneducated morons start using the retarded snowflake fallacy/thread.

Mannn I'm making all kinds of gains with intermitent fasting, all kindzzzzz.

Seriously, I need to start IF'ing cuz' we all wanna shred like Zyzz Brah.