• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BawsZ

Ultimate Paypal Chargeback Prevention Guide

Ultimate Paypal Chargeback Prevention Guide

Why I Made This Guide

I decided to make this guide as I myself have been Chargebacked for over $2000 using paypal. I do not blame anyone for my loss, other then the people that done that fraudulent activity. I made this guide so that you guys won't fall into the same trap that I did.

What is a Chargeback?

A Chargeback is a method a user uses to "Regain" or "force refund" a payment that has been made to your Paypal account from them. It doesn't matter how small or how big the payment is chargeback's can ALWAYS occur, unless my guide is followed. You could tell someone to send you increments of $1 until you hit $1000, they would still be able to chargeback the whole amount within seconds.

Why do Chargebacks Occur

Chargebacks Occur because users think scamming is a cool thing, and users obviously want an easy way to gain money. Users plan to receive the 07 gold, send the paypal payment then a day or even hours later setup the chargeback "scheme". People make over $1000 a day just pulling on the scam.. and it works.. since many people "believe" paypal is a safe and easy way to receive payments. 

How do People Chargeback

There are 4 Known methods people use to create the chargeback "scheme" I thought it would be a good idea to tell you how they do it before telling you how to prevent it. You only learn when you know what goes on.

VPN/VPS

Spoiler

People use a VPN/VPS to mask out or completly hide their original IP.. when it comes to making the payment thier original IP is hidden which gives Paypal customer service the impression that the user has been "hacked" This is one very easy method that users use to receive an easy chargeback. After the user pays for the gold he will simply call up paypal and say his account has been compromised. Here you can see the user is using a vpn as his IP is undetected.. he is using a very good vpn.

3oyoF.png

3oxTG.png

Credit/Debit Card Balance Payments

Spoiler

People like to use payments on their paypal but not through their paypal. Paypal have designed the site in a way so that if anything happens they do not take the fall for it the seller does. Buyers use Bank/Credit Card funded payments to pay for transactions as these are the EASIEST methods to chargeback a user. All the user does is buys the gold through paypal (Bank/Credit Balance) Then goes to the bank and claims an unauthorized transaction. This is by far the easiest and fastest method to chargeback. 3oxEP.png

Users also have the option to send an instant payment through their credit card

3oxHb.png

Fruad/Unauthorized Account Use

Spoiler

Some people may say this is the same as using a vpn/vps however it is completly different. Unauthorized use is when a user has used another users paypal account to make the purchase. "Another User" being someone they don't know.. which is why it is classified as fraud. There are underground websites on the web that sell "hacked" paypal accounts for a discounted cheap price, many of which are verified with an account balance. Here is one of the underground sites im sure many people use to purchase "hacked" paypal accounts and use to send payments for runescape gold and other virtual transactions.3oyn4.png

As you can see its very easy for a user to buy an account and make a purchase of 100m 07 gold claiming to pay $4/M since they do not care and understand that it isn't their Paypal account anyway. Once the original owner of the paypal account has access to his/her account again he simply makes the chargeback, making the seller lose out on tons of money. 

Goods/Service Payment

Spoiler

Most "Chinese" gold farmers use the goods/service method to make payments and this is because they simply do not want to pay fees. Most are trusted anyway, However people that chargeback simply use that method as they can chargeback within seconds.

3ozsq.png

The goods/service method is ONLY meant to be used when actually purchasing or sending goods (IRL) to someone if you cannot provide proof through tracking number that you have sent the goods the user will easily be able to chargeback the payment.. as there is no visible proof that you have sent anything. EVEN if you screenshot the trade paypal will ALWAYS take the buyers side and chargeback the buyer. You can even make the person write

3ozE0.png

AND STILL CHARGEBACK... Paypal will ALWAYS take the buyers side when it comes to virtual Trades.

How do I Prevent a Chargeback?

I am going to tell you the Four BEST EVER methods to prevent a chargeback. If you get chargeback'd after following my methods i will personally give you $2000 and kill myself. No actually i won't.. but you get the point. 

1. ID Verification

Spoiler

This is the first step i take in every transaction. We need to prove that the person buying the gold is the legitimate owner of the Paypal account. The best way to do this is to get them to email you through the PAYPAL EMAIL a picture of their ID Card. It can be Student ID or Drivers License, just anything they can show to prove it is their Paypal. Here is an example of a wrong ID Match.
3oAjQ.jpg

Make sure the ID matches the name on the Paypal. To do this i suggest using Skype screenshare as you can see the paypal clearly.

2. Paypal Balance

Spoiler

I HIGHLY suggest, no I dont suggest. YOU MUST ensure that the user pays you through paypal balance. There is a 99% chance the user is scamming if their method of payment is through Paypal "bank funded/card funded" Screenshare the user to make sure that they have enough paypal balance to cover the fees.

Look at the two.

3oBrG.png3oBuY.png

3. VPN/VPS

Spoiler

Lastly you are going to want to find out if the user is using his real IP or if the user is on a VPN. To do this i have found a very good website that detects if a user is using a VPN or not: http://www.blockscript.com/ This site is what i use to verify if the user is using a VPN or not. Make the user go on that site through screenshare, if he is using a VPN you will see this window 

http://puu.sh/3oyoF.png

If he is not the site will load up as normal.

Thats pretty much it guys. I will be adding more to the guide soon later. It did take a couple hours to write the guide so i hope you all gathered enough information and hopefully this will prevent any type of scam you come across.

How to Spot Scammers

There is no real way to spot scammers however there are some small ways you can tell if a scammer is really trying to pull one off..

One thing I really look at is the thread they create. Most of the scammers are buying gold at extremely ridiculous high rates:

http://puu.sh/3tk2R.png

Most of the scammers only offer Paypal

http://puu.sh/3tkgc.png

Final Tips:

- Most people advertise they are buying gold over the average price through "PAYPAL ONLY" are mostly Scammers.

http://puu.sh/3oCqg.jpg

http://puu.sh/3oCrl.png

http://puu.sh/3oCsc.png

http://puu.sh/3oCuu.png

These guys MIGHT NOT be scammers but im just using them as an example and from my knowledge 99% chance that they are attempting to scam.

- Don't rush into any trades, always make sure you feel comfortable with who you are trading with

- Using an MM/OMM will not prevent you getting scammed, the MM will not take the paypal money he will make the user send it directly to you.. so make sure you do your checks before using an mm for your trade.

At first i was going to try and sell the guide, until i realized how bad i felt when i was scammed.. so i just decided to release it. Feel free to add my skype if you have more questions.

Not going to ask for donations but a like is appreciated, thanks.

-YoloSwag69420

Edited by erickho123
  • Like 15

It's a good guide, but honestly even as a legit trader I'm not going to waste my time sending pictures of my ID and screensharing both my Paypal balance and IP.

This is why I only deal with trusted bulk buyers and just sell for a cheaper price with Western Union. I have never been scammed, and am able to sell bulk gold all in one trade and not waste my time getting scammed and doing small trades

Edited by Bot2stake

@Yoloswag69420 , this guide is very very helpfull and was a very good read. I can clearly see you have alot of experience using paypal.

As for my opinion (i have been using paypal for over 3 years and delt with TOO MUCH chargebacks), i have noticed that you have around 25% more chance of winning a dispute if you actually have a business account , rather then a personal account. Business accounts are very easy to set up and you don't need a VAT number (although you can enter one if you want). The account being verified is almost like a must. If you have an open dispute it also helps if you CALL them and tell them some random shit (ex : the buyer came to my house to receive the goods , and insisted that he pay with paypal upfront the day before comming to pick up the goods). I don't know why everyone asks to attach notes into the paypal payment , because it doesen't help a thing. Paypal policy clearly states that they DO NOT support virtual items in trades. So note or not , if the buyer opens a dispute , your pretty much fucked. Another good thing to do (although no one ever does it because it takes time) , is to send the buyer a empty cd case or something in the mail to the registered paypal adres of the buyer and have a tracking number. This wil insure that the case is almost an instant win for the seller. Once again , making sure that you have a verified BUSINESS account helps a shitload. Just the experience of a guy who has been using paypal for a long long time

Are gift Payments really safe from chargebacks? I always thought that those along with donations were the easiest to reverse. :o

Great guide.

Gift payments are very easy to chargeback. Payments for goods are investigated and such by paypal , so you actually would have a chance of winning a dispute. Gift payments are hardly looked at , they are just chargebacked. Also attaching a note doesen't help anything. I really don't know why almost every seller asks that you attach a note in your payment. Paypal policy clearly states that they do not support payment for virtual goods. So it would actually turn out bad for the seller if the seller would accept a payment for virtual goods, because it's a clear slap in the face for paypal because obviously you haven't read their policys then. Best way to actually prevent a chargeback would be to accept payment for goods and then send a blank cd to the adress registered on the buyers paypal accounts. That way you would have a tracking number and you could 95% sure win the paypal dispute. Having a business account helps alot aswell. Or the best way in my opinion is to only use Paypal to send payments rather then receive them. To receive payments i use Moneybookers.

@Yoloswag69420 , this guide is very very helpfull and was a very good read. I can clearly see you have alot of experience using paypal.

As for my opinion (i have been using paypal for over 3 years and delt with TOO MUCH chargebacks), i have noticed that you have around 25% more chance of winning a dispute if you actually have a business account , rather then a personal account. Business accounts are very easy to set up and you don't need a VAT number (although you can enter one if you want). The account being verified is almost like a must. If you have an open dispute it also helps if you CALL them and tell them some random shit (ex : the buyer came to my house to receive the goods , and insisted that he pay with paypal upfront the day before comming to pick up the goods). I don't know why everyone asks to attach notes into the paypal payment , because it doesen't help a thing. Paypal policy clearly states that they DO NOT support virtual items in trades. So note or not , if the buyer opens a dispute , your pretty much fucked. Another good thing to do (although no one ever does it because it takes time) , is to send the buyer a empty cd case or something in the mail to the registered paypal adres of the buyer and have a tracking number. This wil insure that the case is almost an instant win for the seller. Once again , making sure that you have a verified BUSINESS account helps a shitload. Just the experience of a guy who has been using paypal for a long long time

That would be a good idea. I like the CD Case one aswell would be easy since instead of even sending a goods payment they could send an invoice.

Are gift Payments really safe from chargebacks? I always thought that those along with donations were the easiest to reverse. :o

Great guide.

Gift Payments are safe if you have the other stuff locked down. I.E. IP Address, ID Checks, Balance etc.

Very nice guide, this actually helped me because I hardly have any knowledge of Paypal at all.. I rarely sell gold unless I need to but I only sell it to bulk buyers who are extremely trusted.

Thanks, and yeah you lose a lil bit selling to them

Gift payments are very easy to chargeback. Payments for goods are investigated and such by paypal , so you actually would have a chance of winning a dispute. Gift payments are hardly looked at , they are just chargebacked. Also attaching a note doesen't help anything. I really don't know why almost every seller asks that you attach a note in your payment. Paypal policy clearly states that they do not support payment for virtual goods. So it would actually turn out bad for the seller if the seller would accept a payment for virtual goods, because it's a clear slap in the face for paypal because obviously you haven't read their policys then. Best way to actually prevent a chargeback would be to accept payment for goods and then send a blank cd to the adress registered on the buyers paypal accounts. That way you would have a tracking number and you could 95% sure win the paypal dispute. Having a business account helps alot aswell. Or the best way in my opinion is to only use Paypal to send payments rather then receive them. To receive payments i use Moneybookers.

that would be the best idea

Good job with the completed guide; these methods are great for large transactions. It might be prudent to add a "how to spot scammers" section since most of these methods are quite involved for small transactions. 

will add that soon

thanks

vouchez for the guide nigga next time im tryina make a "payment" for "goodz" ill try my best 2 keep it "legit".  Lowkey tho sometimes u gotta make an extra "flip" when u buyin gold if u know what im saying

ok

Edited by Yoloswag69420

Using gift options are not safe. In the event of an unauthorized dispute paypal finds you are bending around rules to avoid fees and are subject to limitations or no support. Using invoices and paying fees gets you better support from paypal. Call them and ask, multiple gift payments received and they will lock/ban your account for breaking their tos. And the sender is subject to easy refunds as no seller protection will be offered. Using incorrect payment methods aka fee less is frowned upon and considered stealing by paypal.

Edited by tundra

I agree with all of this guide, except this:

There is a 99% chance the user is scamming if their method of payment is through Paypal "bank funded/card funded"

I could easily add money via bank transfer to my paypal balance, but, to do that I need to provide paypal some information that they don't need to know. So, I don't. I pay for all of my transactions via my wells fargo bank account. And I've never charged back...