Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold

New Member Group: Randoms Solvers/Fixers  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nice, the other old school bot seems to support most/all randoms. I've probably made the switch, not 100% sure yet.

Suggestion

A lot of people have been complaining about randoms, so I think that we should have a new member group for random solvers on the TRiBot forums.

Description
This member group would consist of scripters, obviously,  who are willing to watch out for Jagex randoms updates, and immediately begin working to program the fixes for them.

If this member group had at least 5 people, randoms would be patched within a day after they were updated. I would even wish to help out and join the member group myself, I would agree to put all else aside as soon as a random patch is needed, and I'm sure many others would as well.

Why should randoms be script-sided?

Obviously the group wouldn't have access to the TRiBot client source files, but that isn't needed. Rather, the random fixes can be script-sided so that they can be added to scripts immediately.

TRiLez would have even less to worry about with all of the crap he's constantly having to update aside from randoms. The random fixes would obviously only work on the TRiBot API, so it wouldn't really matter if they were released publicly to VIP Members or Scripters only. Thus we would be able to apply the updates to our scripts immediately rather than waiting for TRiLez. I'm sure he is very busy and unable to constantly dedicate his life to constantly fixing randoms.

If this isn't agreed upon, then we can always code the randoms in script form and then send them to TRiLez so that he can add the patch to the client based off of the code sent to him.

Conclusion

This would benefit the community, as well as TRiLez. As I'm sure it is very hard for 1 person to constantly look out for updates made by an entire team of Jagex programmers.

If this plan is put into action, Jagex will have a lot more competition. I'm sure eventually they'll slow down on the randoms updates after they realize that they aren't slowing us down at all.

Yes, I understand that this plan has a few difficulties, but that can all be worked out very easily. For the most part however, this plan would be very successful and would definitely benefit everybody (except Jagex of course ;))

Please leave feedback, support, and ideas for this plan. I hope that this can be seen out. Thanks. :)

Edited by Cloudnine

Array

I voted yes, however; People were able to send in their own random fixes, this resulted in mass bans and failed randoms.. Why? The quality of the random solves was bluntly said poor. Everything would've been tested in 1 environment for 1 possibility. Every random has a lot of ways to vary from the last time you solved it. To ensure the quality of the random solves, guidelines should be made (for creating, testing and submitting). Then the random solve would have to gain "reputation" above a certain threshold in which case it can be deemed flawless/worthy. Once deemed worthy you can be sure the scripter is able to keep up with the random. 

Edited by Neodork

I voted yes, however; People were able to send in their own random fixes, this resulted in mass bans and failed randoms.. Why? The quality of the random solves was bluntly said poor. Everything would've been tested in 1 environment for 1 possibility. Every random has a lot of ways to vary from the last time you solved it. To ensure the quality of the random solves, guidelines should be made (for creating, testing and submitting). Then the random solve would have to gain "reputation" above a certain threshold in which case it can be deemed flawless/worthy. Once deemed worthy you can be sure the scripter is able to keep up with the random. 

Yeah I agree.

The randoms would have to be tested quite a bit for this reason, and only certain people would be allowed to submit randoms. I'm sure we could find plenty of people to test the randoms for us before we actually released them out of beta mode. Thanks for the feedback. :)

I voted yes, but still, a member group is way too much, let scripters create solvers? yes, make a group for "random solvers" no, you just want attention and recognition for something that isn't that difficult

+1 no new group is needed, Scripters can just be given the task.

I voted yes, but still, a member group is way too much, let scripters create solvers? yes, make a group for "random solvers" no, you just want attention and recognition for something that isn't that difficult

Yeah it isn't difficult but I said that it would be for scripters only, so it would just be a second member group for scripters. It's not like they would get any special attention for that if they were already known to be a scripter. But yes, I do agree with the idea of simply letting scripters be the random fixers, I added an option for that to the poll and voted for it. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Edited by Cloudnine

I support.

The reason for the title is to be known that you are working on the randoms. You may be a scripter out there with all the randoms working on your scripts 100%, and if one breaks you don't need to fix it if you want to. But, the random solvers do, that's their job. It's like doing a scripter's job, making scripts. Or doing a moderator's job, moderatoring the forums.

Lol you're not far away from being banned...I'm just waiting for a mod to get a hold of our dispute then you're out of here. Don't start an argument on this thread...

im not starting an argument... i was trying yo make a compliment and omg a ban!?!? il have to change my ip, make a new account, and pay another [email protected]$R omg?~?E D plz no bans plz plz

Definite no, from me (in terms of having scripters do it).

I don't think the quality of many scripters' code is good enough to be distributed as the official random solver (not saying I'm good enough, actually, I think there are a few people I'd trust to do it properly - Spectrum for an example). I'd say a team which is selected by Trilez who HAVE to send him several coded randoms which he agrees meet the standards.

Definite no, from me (in terms of having scripters do it).

I don't think the quality of many scripters' code is good enough to be distributed as the official random solver (not saying I'm good enough, actually, I think there are a few people I'd trust to do it properly - Spectrum for an example). I'd say a team which is selected by Trilez who HAVE to send him several coded randoms which he agrees meet the standards.

Yeah you also have a very good point. If just anyone is allowed to do randoms work, there could be a lot of mass bans, like someone previously said, because of failed randoms and code that lacks in quality.

Maybe rather than adding a member group, TRiLez could simply select certain scripters to work on the randoms when it's needed. I agree with that idea.

Edited by Cloudnine

Why should randoms be script-sided?

Obviously the group wouldn't have access to the TRiBot client source files, but that isn't needed. Rather, the random fixes can be script-sided so that they can be added to scripts immediately.

So instead of one person updating the API and immediately fixing every script, you'd rather wait for 100 different scripters all to implement a "new" solver every single time a random is updated?

Now honestly, which one do you think would take longer?