Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Gatsby

"Ask a Physique Competitor Anything"

20 posts in this topic

From macros, to workout plans, ask anything you want and I'll answer to the best of my ability. I'm an online nutrition coach/teen physique competitor and in the future will be transitioning into natural bodybuilding to learn more of the trade, and perfect my craft. I'm coached by John Otis Hollywood (if you don't know who that is, he deserves a google search). As a personal training and nutrition coach, I've worked with people who need to lose fat, bulk up, and those who just wanted to be healthier.

Go ahead and ask, and I'll give you the best answer I can!

-Patrick

My name is Patrick to. How fun. Cool that you're helping people with this.

I love helping people! I can't exactly script well, and I want to contribute more to the community than just being a VIP, and this is the best way i know how!

I am looking to lose some fat and gain muscle.

What are your current stats? do you work out already? If so what's your current routine?

In most cases, you'd have to choose one goal. Can't have both at the same time naturally.

I'll reply to this thread:

I'm about 5ft 7, weight around 170pounds, currently at the chubby stage,

I have currently no motivation to do anything, but I want too, I want to try and tone up for the Summer Holidays,

Usual workout routine:

Monday:

Chest and Tri

Bench press (10 x 40kg) > (8 x 45kg) > (8x50kg) > (until fail x 60kg)

Incline Dumbells

Bench Flies

Incline Bench Flies

Then Triceps, not sure of the actually work out names, but skull crush, rope pull down

Tuesday:

Back and Bi

Wednesday

Shoulders + a little cardio + abs

Thursday Rest

Friday, repeat

Diet:

My diet is where I am most unconfident, due too the lack of cooking abilities as well as the amount of unhealthy and late night snacking that is invovled.

Morning:

Sometimes breakfast can get skipped if it's eaten usually bacon sandwich

Afternoon:

Tea can array from Pizza to Steak

Night:

Snacking throughout the day even after 11pm

Sorry for the vague information, but I would love some help.

I'm 1,97 meter / ~6'6" and around ~92,6 kg / 201 pounds or something right now.

Currently lean bulking I get around 3k calories/day or so I'd say.

Looking to gain mass, my goal is to get to 100 kgs/220 pounds and see what my BF is by then (currently ~14%) and then I'll see what I have to do :P

Any advice for macros? I think I can still improve my food quite a lot and I can probably also eat more without gaining too much fat.

As someone who has been training for 4 years and wants to be getting into competing. How advantageous is it having a trainer to get you to the next level?

I'll reply to this thread:

I'm about 5ft 7, weight around 170pounds, currently at the chubby stage,

I have currently no motivation to do anything, but I want too, I want to try and tone up for the Summer Holidays,

Usual workout routine:

Monday:

Chest and Tri

Bench press (10 x 40kg) > (8 x 45kg) > (8x50kg) > (until fail x 60kg)

Incline Dumbells

Bench Flies

Incline Bench Flies

Then Triceps, not sure of the actually work out names, but skull crush, rope pull down

Tuesday:

Back and Bi

Wednesday

Shoulders + a little cardio + abs

Thursday Rest

Friday, repeat

Diet:

My diet is where I am most unconfident, due too the lack of cooking abilities as well as the amount of unhealthy and late night snacking that is invovled.

Morning:

Sometimes breakfast can get skipped if it's eaten usually bacon sandwich

Afternoon:

Tea can array from Pizza to Steak

Night:

Snacking throughout the day even after 11pm

Sorry for the vague information, but I would love some help.

What makes you lack motivation? Bodybuilding is all about how you look, not so much on weight so chubby is very vague, but I can tell you that nutrient timing has absolutely nothing to do with body composition. Eat whenever it's most convenient for you. And it seems youre on the basic bro split. For all my clients, I suggest non-linear periodization to build strength, possibly a little muscle, and lose fat. For programs like this, look up PHAT by Layne Norton. Diet wise, iifym.com is where you should go. Read up some info on there, I'll make a post with a video soon explaining it. How affective your diet is all depends on you. As much advice I give, nothing works unless you do bro, so whether it be finally getting to that six pack, impressing a girl, or being healthy overall, find what's important to you and aim for it.

I'm 1,97 meter / ~6'6" and around ~92,6 kg / 201 pounds or something right now.

Currently lean bulking I get around 3k calories/day or so I'd say.

Looking to gain mass, my goal is to get to 100 kgs/220 pounds and see what my BF is by then (currently ~14%) and then I'll see what I have to do :P

Any advice for macros? I think I can still improve my food quite a lot and I can probably also eat more without gaining too much fat.

How have the gains from 3k calories been? Do you track macros currently?

As someone who has been training for 4 years and wants to be getting into competing. How advantageous is it having a trainer to get you to the next level?

Absolutely necessary. Of course do your research and find the best coach for you, but of course never go with a personal trainer at a gym. As a personal trainer myself I can say most of them don't know what a macronutrient is, total energy expendenture or even track their workouts/diets. It's also a great learning experience training wise, and body wise. And it takes the stress off you for everything!

iv been training for 4 years, i am on plenty of supplements, i weigh 14 stone of pure muscle, my diet isnt all that great but you dont need a good diet if you train hard tbh. i have good genetics so thats why i dont need to eat well but others do. my routine is.

Monday - Chest

Tuesday - Bicep, Lats

Wensday - Upper Back, Triceps

Thursday - Deltoids, Hamstring & Calves

Friday - Abs, Traps,

Saterday - Cardio

Sunday - Rest

if you follow this routine give it 3 months and you will look & feel a BIG difference.

iv been training for 4 years, i am on plenty of supplements, i weigh 14 stone of pure muscle, my diet isnt all that great but you dont need a good diet if you train hard tbh. i have good genetics so thats why i dont need to eat well but others do. my routine is.

Monday - Chest

Tuesday - Bicep, Lats

Wensday - Upper Back, Triceps

Thursday - Deltoids, Hamstring & Calves

Friday - Abs, Traps,

Saterday - Cardio

Sunday - Rest

if you follow this routine give it 3 months and you will look & feel a BIG difference.

Congratulations, you should try to be Mr. Olympia.

Congratulations, you should try to be Mr. Olympia.

nah not cut out to do that mate lol, iv done one show came 3rd.. but thats just beginner

Do you know of any supplements that counter the lethargy that comes with some peds?

Got any pics of yourself in competition? Would be cool to see :-)

Do you know of any supplements that counter the lethargy that comes with some peds?

I'll post em in the progress section for my contest prep journal when I have time :)

By peds you mean performance enhancing drugs right? What are you on exactly?

Versa-1 has helped with energy, but really energy is mostly on you besides drinking coffee and stuff

I'll post em in the progress section for my contest prep journal when I have time :)

By peds you mean performance enhancing drugs right? What are you on exactly?

Versa-1 has helped with energy, but really energy is mostly on you besides drinking coffee and stuff

Great I look forward to seeing them! :)

I'll try versa-1 next time i'm on which should just be a mild cycle of epi, thanks.

How far can you got with your fat percent? The rippest one i know is helmut strebl who probably is 3%.

Also is true that very low fat percent affect men bone density via reducing oestrogen level as women too?