Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gold Pieces

Building A Botting Computer

Which CPU would you advise?   10 members have voted

1. 1. Which would perform better running 20+ bots?

• AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core
    • Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 posts in this topic

I am about to start building a botting computer. This thread will be for myself to document which parts I am going to purchase, as well as asking for your advice on which parts would best fit my needs.

Budget: ~$1500

Goal: 20+ Bots

Currently Deciding On: Mouse/Keyboard

Here is my current build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/15vvJ

To anyone who knows what they're doing: Can you please check to the best of your ability to make sure all of these parts are compatible? I have done my own checks, but I am no expert in this area and could have messed up somewhere. Thanks!

Edited by Gold Pieces

i need a botting computer as well, my friend said he could build me one that could bot 17 accounts for 645 dollars, i don't have much experience with computer specs so idk

On an i7 8 threaded cpu(2600k,3770k,4770k) running at 4.8ghz each instance of tribot uses about 3% cpu usage. and takes up 512mb of ram. So if you want it to run smoothly get an i7 on the cheapest motherboard with 16gb of memory. Also if you're not doing anything else on the computer use a 40-60gb solid state drive as the primary disk so you won't run into any disk IO issues.

if you bot safe and make 100k/hour with roughly 20 hours uptime a day the pc should pay for itself in a week then continue making $600/week

Edited by bayyaz

might be better off going with amd, cheaper plus then you could get an 8 core cpu, witch would most likely be good for botting, if not i would go with the haswell i7

On an i7 8 threaded cpu(2600k,3770k,4770k) running at 4.8ghz each instance of tribot uses about 3% cpu usage. and takes up 512mb of ram. So if you want it to run smoothly get an i7 on the cheapest motherboard with 16gb of memory. Also if you're not doing anything else on the computer use a 40-60gb solid state drive as the primary disk so you won't run into any disk IO issues.

if you bot safe and make 100k/hour with roughly 20 hours uptime a day the pc should pay for itself in a week then continue making $600/week

that's some nice money

that's some nice money

FYI you won't be able to hit 4.8Ghz with a "cheap" motherboard, especially with Haswell - The mosfets on the motherboard would no doubt overheat and die.

get the ABSOLUTE BEST cpu you can. 

I reccomend AMD 8350 FX @ custom overclock with asus EZ OC motherboard (£50~) 

this cpu costs about £145 and outshines most of the high end intel CPUs

consider it. seriously. 

also atm with 6 bots im using 4gb of ram so for 20 you'd need at least 16gb maybe more depending on background processes

get the ABSOLUTE BEST cpu you can. 

I reccomend AMD 8350 FX @ custom overclock with asus EZ OC motherboard (£50~) 

this cpu costs about £145 and outshines most of the high end intel CPUs

consider it. seriously. 

I was considering AMD over intel solely because they offer 8-core CPUs in comparison to Intel's quad-core for a fraction of the price. However, I don't know if AMD will perform as well as I need it to.

Things you need to worry about when building a botting computer

Good processor intel i7

At least 16 gb+ ram [ all these window open is gonna take up alot of ram. So to ran more smoothly u gonna need space]

get a solid state drive. This will increase window activity and decrease lag

Replace your cpu fan. The one that you gonna get with thr cpu is not going to be enough epescially if you are planning to vot more then 24 ass with 20+ bot open

Alots of fan... no exception. You pc is over heating for the long hours. Try avoiding water cooling. Its not really that good

graphic card is not really important for now.

Get 700 watt power or more.

Things you need to worry about when building a botting computer

Good processor intel i7

At least 16 gb+ ram [ all these window open is gonna take up alot of ram. So to ran more smoothly u gonna need space]

get a solid state drive. This will increase window activity and decrease lag

Replace your cpu fan. The one that you gonna get with thr cpu is not going to be enough epescially if you are planning to vot more then 24 ass with 20+ bot open

Alots of fan... no exception. You pc is over heating for the long hours. Try avoiding water cooling. Its not really that good

graphic card is not really important for now.

Get 700 watt power or more.

i don't have an ssd currently and i've noticed some lag. 

what size would you recommend? 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284&nm_mc=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r&cm_mmc=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-AMD-_-19113284

Pros: -Runs like a champ

-4.0ghz out of the box

-Excellent overclocker

-8 cores

-Dirt cheap

Cons: I can't eat it

Higher clock speed, more cores than intel. But theres a reason its so cheap, intel is definitely higher quality. But I don't know that it will make much of a difference if I'm only running bots.

Higher clock speed, more cores than intel. But theres a reason its so cheap, intel is definitely higher quality. But I don't know that it will make much of a difference if I'm only running bots.

runescape is not a multi core game so it doesnt matter 

I suggest buying a cooling pad for your computer, they usually cost from $10-20 and save your comp. from overheating.

runescape is not a multi core game so it doesnt matter 

Wrong, it does matter. Because each bot will be running on a different window, the windows will be split upon cores. Because I will be running 20+ instances of tribot, the more cores I have, the better. At least IMO. However, Intel's quad-core i7 4770k has hyperthreading, so in effect it will have 8 threads. Which technically is the same as AMD's 8 core processor, if I'm not mistaken. Thoughts?

So first things first... The i7 hyperthreads, so it acts like an octacore cpu.

The 8350 is a great cpu, it bests the 2500k/3570k in most gaming applications, but if you want the best performance, go with the i7. It costs a lot more, but you get the maximum amount of processing power from it. The 8350 is still a solid choice, but it is not the best in its class. 

I see some people posting about avoiding watercooling.... Which is complete BS. Where will you be using this comp? In your room? Go with watercooling.... In a server room/ basement where you dont sleep? Go with air cooling. 

Air cooling is loud, because you need higher speed fans to do the same job water can do. Higher speed fans = more noise. You can use high pressure-low rpm fans to push air through a rad much more easily. and they are easier on your ears. Plus water cooling has a higher OC ceiling. 

Regardless what cpu you buy, I would be pushing it to 5ghz. On air, you'll be hitting some pretty high temps. Water, the temps are still high, but FOR THE MOST PART they would be lower.

Ive used corsair's AIO system, and then built my own custom loop. Ive also used a silver arrow cooler and noctua dh14.. Id go water any day just to avoid the noise profile.

But thats just my 2 cents. Either cpu is solid, but if you want the max performance, go with the i7. If you want to save money, buy the 8350. 

Wrong, it does matter. Because each bot will be running on a different window, the windows will be split upon cores. Because I will be running 20+ instances of tribot, the more cores I have, the better. At least IMO. However, Intel's quad-core i7 4770k has hyperthreading, so in effect it will have 8 threads. Which technically is the same as AMD's 8 core processor, if I'm not mistaken. Thoughts?

you're right, i was thinking powerbot and having multiple bots in the same window.

AMD is the best bet. 

the 6100 im using has 3 physical cores and 3 virtual (i think) so maybe htats why its cheaper

if you're a first time builder idk about installing water cooling....... 

Edited by GPx

what should I put my memory limit at to run 31+ bots/clients at a time?

The i7 4770k is a great processor, you have the money for it so it's fine to indulge yourself, however I strongly advise buying a strong motherboard, else you won't be able to overclock to the best potential of the chip.

you're right, i was thinking powerbot and having multiple bots in the same window.

AMD is the best bet. 

the 6100 im using has 3 physical cores and 3 virtual (i think) so maybe htats why its cheaper

No, your 6100 is a Bulldozer architecture meaning it does indeed have 6 cores, but they share caches - Bulldozer was an experimental architecture that flopped hard.

Also the AMD 8-core processors have 8 real cores, that's one reason they have such a high TDP.

Edited by Mizore

As an addition to my earlier post, I would go with a 3770k as well... Not the new haswell edition. From what I have read, there is no real performance increase. just lower voltage required. The only problem with 3770k's is the crappy thermal paste intel used between the chip and heatspreader. You could delid the cpu and put some Liquid Ultra in it to significantly improve your temps. And the 3770k is much much much easier to OC. A child could overclock those cpus.

As an addition to my earlier post, I would go with a 3770k as well... Not the new haswell edition. From what I have read, there is no real performance increase. just lower voltage required. The only problem with 3770k's is the crappy thermal paste intel used between the chip and heatspreader. You could delid the cpu and put some Liquid Ultra in it to significantly improve your temps. And the 3770k is much much much easier to OC. A child could overclock those cpus.

Delidding is incredibly dangerous, liquid pro contains gallium which would literally eat any aluminium on his mobo if he makes a mess of it.

And a 5% performance increase is great imo, not comparable to the last few architecture updates but Haswell was aiming for efficiency.