Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
Sign in to follow this  
PoorBob

How the TRiBot client handles random events.

To preface, I am not here to complain that certain random events have remained unsolved for the past ~3 weeks.

It was inevitable that TRiLeZ would get too busy to put in the time to constantly update the client for every change that Jagex makes to stop us botters. Random events affect every botter, and at the moment we are forced to run the TRiBot client's solver, or disable all client solving.

Instead of making random solving an open-source procedure, I propose that within the client, or the script itself, there be an option to disable certain random event solvers, such as:

import org.tribot.api2007.Randoms;...Randoms.Genie = {insert Genie solver here.}

If there were no Randoms declared, it would simply use the default client solver.

The same idea could be implemented within the client interface. 
[New Button: Randoms]
Pull down menu, shows all the random events. Option to set to default or pick new source (script to be ran in case of that specific random).

This would allow the community to help the community, in the same way that scripters don't monopolize script ideas, it would make sense that TRiLez allow the community to solve random events in his absence. 

Edited by PoorBob

Well as the other thread was locked, I'll make my post here.

Yes please, please, please give us either access to the code of the randoms so we can modify it, or let us disable specific randoms (FROG for one).. So we can just handle them ourselves when there are issues.

Please fix the randoms.. everyone is going to leave soon. As a business major, this site is being very unprofessional by not giving an official statement as to why simple randoms are taking weeks to fix. I will be doing business with someone else shortly if this persists. Step your game up or lose your business to a competitor. All I want is an official statement saying you're busy with finals or something. If that's too much to ask for then goodbye.

I haven't tested this, but I have an inkling that using the following might let you use your own to solve randoms or log out during specific randoms:

//Use the onPause() method to call some code before TRiBot random solver takes effectonPause() {   if(frogRandomNPCsFound()) {       frogSolver(); //code your own solver, or just log out with broken randoms   } else {   if(mazeRandomGuyInArea()) { //not sure how you'd tell it was maze random        logout();   }   }}

You can also use the onResume() method to enact code after randoms before continuing your main code.

However, an easier way to do this would be great! I would also support a drop down menu in the client itself that allows users to select which randoms to solve.

Edited by abibot

I haven't tested this, but I have an inkling that using the following might let you use your own to solve randoms or log out during specific randoms:

//Use the onPause() method to call some code before TRiBot random solver takes effectonPause() {   if(frogRandomNPCsFound()) {       frogSolver(); //code your own solver, or just log out with broken randoms   } else {   if(mazeRandomGuyInArea()) { //not sure how you'd tell it was maze random        logout();   }   }}

You can also use the onResume() method to enact code after randoms before continuing your main code.

However, an easier way to do this would be great! I would also support a drop down menu in the client itself that allows users to select which randoms to solve.

As far as I know there is no onResume() method in the API, would love for you to prove me wrong though. Or will it look for one in our code and automatically use it?

https://tribot.org/doc/org/tribot/script/interfaces/Pausing.html#onResume()

I'm pulling my answers from these threads:

https://tribot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/9050-doing-things-when-a-random-happens/

https://tribot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/11082-how-to-make-your-script-pause-when-a-random-happens/

I haven't actually been able to test it in one of my scripts.. I need to get a random event. But this is what I think is the answer, implement Pausing.

import org.tribot.script.Script;import org.tribot.script.interfaces.Pausing;public class Test extends Script implements Pausing {	@Override	public void onPause() {		//WHAT TO DO WHEN PAUSING SCRIPT BEFORE RANDOM			}	@Override	public void onResume() {		//WHAT TO DO WHEN RESUMING SCRIPT AFTER RANDOM			}	@Override	public void run() {		//MAIN METHOD	}}
Edited by abibot