Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shreder

tricep pains

17 posts in this topic

i've been working out my tricep and now im starting to get this pain near my elbow on my tricep each time i excercise like when i do pushups,tricep extensions or benchpress.I waited a couple days let it rest but it comes back after a bit.what should i do?

That's called working out. If you keep experiencing this it's not unhealthy, but protein (egg whites are good, or you can take supplements) will speed up recovery. 

It's probably tendonitis.. It will go away if you work through it OR if you have been working out for a long time then maybe its time to deload so it rests

otherwise if you're new.. then yea just work through it

It is tendinitis I believe too as the user above me said, used to get that... check your form and you dont need to use a ton of weight to engage your triceps, I hope you're not "maxing" in whatever exercise you're doing.

thanks guys im just going to use a hot/cold pad and let it relax.i'll see how it does in a couple days.And yeah sometimes my elbows tend to  face outwards when i do tricep extension which is probably bad for my joints.

thanks guys im just going to use a hot/cold pad and let it relax.i'll see how it does in a couple days.And yeah sometimes my elbows tend to  face outwards when i do tricep extension which is probably bad for my joints.

yea no point doing triceps if your elbows are facing out :P

Do not rush or explode into the lockout of any type of isolation movement. The only place for all that force to be absorbed is in your elbow, which is a very delicate joint. Keep the weight low and your form spot-on, especially for triceps. For extension, try doing them on a decline bench (trust me on this) - it changes the angle and the amount of pressure on the elbow. For bench and pushups, really make sure you tuck your elbows in. Wait a few days and if it feels better, then wait 1 or 2 more days just to make sure. It is better to wait rather than to be sorry. When you do the exercises again, refer to the above points.

yea no point doing triceps if your elbows are facing out :P

i don't try to do it on purpose but when im doing it just moves it's like it has it's own mind o_O

been a couple days now i thought i'd update the thread.

My arm is better now no more pains but i'm taking it easy until i am fully recovered.

Remember to also have a warm-up before you work out. A lot of people forget how important stretching/warm-up is. Take like 5-10 minutes to get your muscles ready!

I'm just saying this, even though it is super late.. If you find that it's doing that often.. Focus on keeping them and if you can't, lessen the weight and build up. You're doing nothing for your triceps if you don't do correct form.

i had a lot of tendon pains when i first started, i would just take it easy on the particular body part for about a week and they would go away

Yeah I get the same thing, and so do many others, e.g. the hodgetwins, Skull crushers are a night mare for me, I recommend starting light to warm up everything, then make your way up, also be sure to not be doing them on a flat bar